+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from WES

niros

Jul 18, 2017
Hello,

I have completed a Certificate program in Software Product Management from the University of Washington. Mode of attendance was on campus and part time, spanning three semesters.

I sent my transcripts to WES for ECA towards IRCC purposes. However, WES returned my application and said they only assess credentials from recognized academic institutions.

The University of Washington is well recognized, and their certificate program is delivered on campus in a part time mode, spanning three semesters.

As WES did not give me a specific reason, can I request a re-assessment/review from them? Has anyone come across a similar situation on any of their ECA credentials and is that because the program was delivered part time?

Cheers,
M

archimc

Jun 29, 2021
Hello,

I have completed a Certificate program in Software Product Management from the University of Washington. Mode of attendance was on campus and part time, spanning three semesters.

I sent my transcripts to WES for ECA towards IRCC purposes. However, WES returned my application and said they only assess credentials from recognized academic institutions.

The University of Washington is well recognized, and their certificate program is delivered on campus in a part time mode, spanning three semesters.

As WES did not give me a specific reason, can I request a re-assessment/review from them? Has anyone come across a similar situation on any of their ECA credentials and is that because the program was delivered part time?

Cheers,
M
Hi, did you not checked the WES list for recognized universities, as during profile creation ? , WES clearly deny the non recognized universities.

niros

Jul 18, 2017
@archimc The University of Washington is on their list of recognised institutions. Furthermore, UW is one of the top schools in America. In their rejection to evaluate the ECA, they have not stated any reasons and my question is about that - Why? Does WES not recognise parttime programs? There are fulltime programs that can be taken parttime. If a fulltime program is recognised, is its parttime version not recognised despite taking the same number of units? WES has not even mentioned a reason whether they do or do not assess parttime.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello,

Cheers,
M
Could be possible that certificate program was not recognized by WES rather than the institution itself.