+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from WES: Hard-copy and digital copy of ECA report have different dates for the same reference number

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Dear Members,

I got my ECA done from WES in 2018. The initial ECA (Feb 2018) included PhD, Master and High School credentials. Later I applied for an updated ECA to also include my Bachelor credential (couldn't do it earlier because of delay in obtaining required documents). Anyway, according to the "My Account" page on WES website, my updated ECA was completed on 13 June 2018 and were sent to the recipients (by post to me, and by eDelivery to IRCC) on this date 13 June 2018.

NOW HERE'S THE ISSUE: The hard copy which I received via post is also dated 13 June 2018, BUT the copy which I downloaded from "My Account" page is dated 14 June 2018. I'm about to submit my EE profile, and I have only recently noticed that the downloaded copy is dated 14-June-2018 instead of 13-Jun-2018.

I'm really worried about this! (1) I have to mention the date of my ECA in my express entry profile (it's a required field), and I'm confused which date to mention. (2) Another thing that's really worrying me is: as I understand, the digital copy that I get from my account on WES website is what's supposed to be uploaded (when the time comes post ITA), which will then be compared by IRCC with the digital copy already in IRCC database (which was sent to them by WES via eDelivery). What if IRCC's copy is dated 13 Jun while the one I'm getting from my WES account (and the one I'm supposed to upload) is dated 14-Jun?

Has anybody here has had the same issue (hard and soft copies dated differently) with ECA reports from WES (or similar)? Would really appreciate any clarity and guidance in this matter.

Best regards

Last edited:

bm0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi, Has anybody else had a similar experience? I"m a bit worried as I have to submit my application. Any input will be appreciated.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Dear Members,

I got my ECA done from WES in 2018. The initial ECA (Feb 2018) included PhD, Master and High School credentials. Later I applied for an updated ECA to also include my Bachelor credential (couldn't do it earlier because of delay in obtaining required documents). Anyway, according to the "My Account" page on WES website, my updated ECA was completed on 13 June 2018 and were sent to the recipients (by post to me, and by eDelivery to IRCC) on this date 13 June 2018.

NOW HERE'S THE ISSUE: The hard copy which I received via post is also dated 13 June 2018, BUT the copy which I downloaded from "My Account" page is dated 14 June 2018. I'm about to submit my EE profile, and I have only recently noticed that the downloaded copy is dated 14-June-2018 instead of 13-Jun-2018.

I'm really worried about this! (1) I have to mention the date of my ECA in my express entry profile (it's a required field), and I'm confused which date to mention. (2) Another thing that's really worrying me is: as I understand, the digital copy that I get from my account on WES website is what's supposed to be uploaded (when the time comes post ITA), which will then be compared by IRCC with the digital copy already in IRCC database (which was sent to them by WES via eDelivery). What if IRCC's copy is dated 13 Jun while the one I'm getting from my WES account (and the one I'm supposed to upload) is dated 14-Jun?

Has anybody here has had the same issue (hard and soft copies dated differently) with ECA reports from WES (or similar)? Would really appreciate any clarity and guidance in this matter.

Best regards
As long as the ECA issue date is before you enter the pool, it should not be an issue. You can mention either of the dates and explain this in your letter of explanation while submitting your eAPR.