Eli_0_0

May 17, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-11-2020
Hi,
I'm a graduate in Bachelor Of Commerce (B.COM) and i do have a Masters (MBA) too. Both of these qualifications are from India. I saw in CIC website that, you only need to do ECA for your higher qualification. But here most of the immigration agencies telling me to do ECA for both the degrees. Is it really necessary? Is there any exception for Indian degrees?

My ECA application with IQAS for my masters is in process right now and am expecting the result on july 2019.

Chandurao

Jul 24, 2018
Hi,
I'm a graduate in Bachelor Of Commerce (B.COM) and i do have a Masters (MBA) too. Both of these qualifications are from India. I saw in CIC website that, you only need to do ECA for your higher qualification. But here most of the immigration agencies telling me to do ECA for both the degrees. Is it really necessary? Is there any exception for Indian degrees?

My ECA application with IQAS for my masters is in process right now and am expecting the result on july 2019.
Hello,

The same here, I'm yet to start my application with WES, is that good option ? and is it only for MBA ? could you please explain me the process.

Reactions: Eli_0_0

Eli_0_0

May 17, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
05-11-2020
Hello,

The same here, I'm yet to start my application with WES, is that good option ? and is it only for MBA ? could you please explain me the process.
I think its better to go for IQAS than WES. WES usually ask for bachelor degree certificate even if you are not assessing it, because they want to know whether you have completed a 3 year or 4 year degree. Normally what they are doing is, if you are having a 3 year bachelor degree and 2 year post graduation they will give you assessment certificate saying ' 1 year post graduation diploma with 4 years bachelors '. But if you a have a PG from IIT,IIM etc they might give you masters equivalency. This is the problem with WES, they undervalue Indian qualifications and i believe this policy change happened in the beginning of 2019 or end of 2018.

Regarding assessing both degree you only need to do masters. You can mention bachelor degree details while filling up express entry application, but please mention it in educational history. You should mention masters degree as your main qualification, because you are getting educational qualification score from that degree only. Obviously IRCC won't ask for ECA certificate of your bachelors degree unless you claim it while creating profile.

There is not that much difference in CRS score if you receive a double degree OR a bachelor degree+1 yr pg diploma.May be like 7 or 8 point difference..not sure. please calculate.

Not only for MBA, this is the case with almost all post graduation degrees from India. So for being on the safe side opt for IQAS, though i must say IQAS processing is very slow and for-sure it will take 6 months to complete.

Last edited: