+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for SMU DE via IQAS or ICAS

Praveenm26

Feb 15, 2019
Hi All

Need some help after around 4 months wait got this reply from IQAS today very disappointing ..

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) reviewed your application and cannot proceed with your assessment because:

· Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University.

Your application has been cancelled and a refund will be issued to you by the original method of payment in the next few weeks.

Below is the note on their website:

Graduates of Magadh University must send their degrees and transcripts attested by the university as genuine through RTI (Right to Information)
Graduates of Sikkim Manipal University (SMU) must send official documentation issued by SMU confirming the name and address of the learning centre / study centre / campus where a program was completed. Distance education credentials from SMU will not be assessed because they cannot be verified conclusively.

Jun 2, 2019
I had cleared my Graduation (B.Com-Honors) from Delhi Unversity, CA Inter from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India & MBA-Finance from SMU-DE.
Now, Please suggest I should go with which Credentials Evaluation Services for best positive result?
Whether WES, IQAS, ICES or ICAS or any other??

Please help

RaunaqT90

May 9, 2019
do you know anyone who has got their SMu DE Degree verified by ICAS?
Nops. I wish someone could come up with their experience here. I will share mine once I get the ECA done from Icas.. I hv started the process in May..

dhc

Dec 15, 2018
Nops. I wish someone could come up with their experience here. I will share mine once I get the ECA done from Icas.. I hv started the process in May..
was your program distance education?

would you share what details you provided while creating your profile on ICAS website?

dhc

Dec 15, 2018
Sikkim Manipal Bachelor's ECA from ICAS

Date
Event
08-16-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-29-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
07-21-2019 Application Received

Reactions: Sanket86

jugal123

Apr 4, 2019
SMU bechelors
For your file, appropriate documentation was received on December 31, 2018.

For the type of report which you requested, Assessment and Research Consultants are currently preparing reports for files for which we received appropriate documentation on, or before, December 19, 2018.

jugal123

Apr 4, 2019
Hello Jugal123

Could you please confirm if you have received the assessment report from ICAS
Yes i got ECA for my BCA from SMU by ICAS.It evaluates as bachelor degree & took 9 months for assessment. ICAS only way who evaluate SMU degree.

jugal123

Apr 4, 2019
I had cleared my Graduation (B.Com-Honors) from Delhi Unversity, CA Inter from Institute of Chartered Accountants of India & MBA-Finance from SMU-DE.
Now, Please suggest I should go with which Credentials Evaluation Services for best positive result?
Whether WES, IQAS, ICES or ICAS or any other??

Please help
ICAS is the only way for SMU

Debayan

Sep 23, 2019
Thanks mate for your confirmation. I have already applied and awaiting confirmation. Could you please post the screenshot of the timeline from ICAS

jugal123

Apr 4, 2019
Date Event
09-10-2019 Report Sent by Courier
09-09-2019 Electronic Copy of Assessment Report Sent by Email
09-06-2019 Assessment Report ready for editing
01-21-2019 Application reviewed for completeness and placed in queue for assessment
01-09-2019 Additional Information / Documents Received
12-19-2018 Additional Information / Documents Received
12-08-2018 Application Received

Reactions: 93mishra