ECA for SMU DE via IQAS or ICAS

ashwinibm.canada

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
h
Finally I received my ECA today..

AOR2 was on 24-APR...
AOR1 was on 3-APR

One ques... they have shown my MBA as Master of Business Administration.
but below it shows "Two-year graduate degree program"
So, my question, is it equivalent to Master in Canada or not?
just confused with "graduate degree" instead of "masters" in ECA
How much time did IQAS take to evaluate your MBA SMU one ? I am in same boat. Please help

neeraja404

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Hey folks, need some real advice here !

I got rejection mail from IQAS for my MBA from SMU-DE because I had done it from outside India:(:(:(After seeing so many positive reviews I too expected to get a successful evaluation but my MBA was from an institute in UAE, however my transcripts were sent by SMU directly to IQAS

Anyone in the same situation as me ?? Should I try my luck with ICES. Your reply will be very helpful

Dec 12, 2018
I did my MBA from SMU DE, What all documents, I need to send to ICAS for assessment. Do I need to send 10th, 12th and Bachelor degree documents as well or only Master documents will be sufficient.

Parik102018

Jul 5, 2018
I did my MBA from SMU DE, What all documents, I need to send to ICAS for assessment. Do I need to send 10th, 12th and Bachelor degree documents as well or only Master documents will be sufficient.
I think so Master and Certain cases Bachelor is needed. I am pretty sure , they do not ask about 10th or 12th

garrybaren

Oct 11, 2018
Finally I received my ECA today..

AOR2 was on 24-APR...
AOR1 was on 3-APR

One ques... they have shown my MBA as Master of Business Administration.
but below it shows "Two-year graduate degree program"
So, my question, is it equivalent to Master in Canada or not?
just confused with "graduate degree" instead of "masters" in ECA
If your Bachelor degree is of 3 years then your MBA is equivalent to graduate in Canada. If 4 years Bachelor degree then MBA count as post graduate.

Merajwani

Feb 12, 2019
Hi All

Need some help after around 4 months wait got this reply from IQAS today very disappointing ..

International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS) reviewed your application and cannot proceed with your assessment because:

· Recognition of Sikkim Manipal University’s distance education study centres cannot be verified conclusively. IQAS is therefore canceling the assessment of your distance education credential from Sikkim Manipal University.

Your application has been cancelled and a refund will be issued to you by the original method of payment in the next few weeks.

Praveenm26

Feb 15, 2019
Hey folks, need some real advice here !

I got rejection mail from IQAS for my MBA from SMU-DE because I had done it from outside India:(:(:(After seeing so many positive reviews I too expected to get a successful evaluation but my MBA was from an institute in UAE, however my transcripts were sent by SMU directly to IQAS

Anyone in the same situation as me ?? Should I try my luck with ICES. Your reply will be very helpful

https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/iqas/eca-required-documents.pdf#page19

Distance education from SMU is not evaluated by IQAS