+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Professional Designations (CPA, CA, CFA)

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't like to start new threads on this but couldn't really find anything using the search function.

I'm a CA from the ICAA (Ins. Of Chartered Accountants Australia) - are there any CA, CPA, CFAs who have received an ECA for their designations? I spoke to WES about this and the agent told me the CIC don't really look at this. I took his word at face value but looking at the Education fields on the EE profile, when you put down your professional designation as part of your education it asks you if you have had an ECA - so in my mind, if I want the points for it, it has to be done.

For people who have got the ECA for the above, did they do it through WES and how do they go about giving a credential? I would imagine they would have to get CPA Canada involved?

Reactions: Anh Nguyen Van

sunitajain

May 9, 2015
Did you get any clarity on this. I have been looking for answers to the same, how to get ECA done for my CA qualification.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I read in some earlier posts that Charted Accountants from India are evaluated as graduates by WES. It doesn't count them as a separate degree, diploma or certificate.

sunitajain

May 9, 2015
Thanks Nirav for prompt reply. I asked the same question on another thread, does it make sense to get both Bcom and CA evaluated or its the same result if I get just one done.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitajain said:
Thanks Nirav for prompt reply. I asked the same question on another thread, does it make sense to get both Bcom and CA evaluated or its the same result if I get just one done.
You can send your CA documents along with graduation marksheets and other materials to WES for evaluation in the same parent envelope. WES is not charging you anything extra for this.

sunitajain

May 9, 2015
That means getting transcripts from 2 different places and hence longer turn around time. I will do that if it adds points to my application. But if WES is going to give me the same assessment irrespective of whether I apply for CA or both BCom and CA then I will rather go just one qualification route. Any insights on this will surely help.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sunitajain said:
That means getting transcripts from 2 different places and hence longer turn around time. I will do that if it adds points to my application. But if WES is going to give me the same assessment irrespective of whether I apply for CA or both BCom and CA then I will rather go just one qualification route. Any insights on this will surely help.
Sunitajain, submitting just your bachelor's would be more of a pragmatic approach and faster turnaround. But remember WES takes one month for evaluation.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/eca-chartered-accountants-india-t264552.0.html

Oct 28, 2018
Don't like to start new threads on this but couldn't really find anything using the search function.

I'm a CA from the ICAA (Ins. Of Chartered Accountants Australia) - are there any CA, CPA, CFAs who have received an ECA for their designations? I spoke to WES about this and the agent told me the CIC don't really look at this. I took his word at face value but looking at the Education fields on the EE profile, when you put down your professional designation as part of your education it asks you if you have had an ECA - so in my mind, if I want the points for it, it has to be done.

For people who have got the ECA for the above, did they do it through WES and how do they go about giving a credential? I would imagine they would have to get CPA Canada involved?
I don't want to dig this out. Aw. But it seems in no topic this question was clarified.
I see that you got PR, big congratulations! Could you share about your CA's final assessment result, and by which designated organizations did you use? Thanks a lot!