+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Pharmacy Graduate

ss_ustc

Sep 21, 2016
Hello Friends

I have Masters and Bachelors in Pharmacy from Bangladesh. I have job experience in a local Pharmaceutical company as a Quality Assurance Officer in the factory and want to use this experience for Express Entry under FSW program. I got confused by the below statement that I found in CIC regarding ECA for pharmacy graduates and need your help to clarify my concerns:

"as a pharmacist (NOC 3131): ◦if you need a license to practice (for example, providing patient care in a community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long term care facility or other practice settings) the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) must do your ECA,
◦if you are in a position where you do not need a license (organizations such as the pharmaceutical industry and government which require a pharmacy degree because of the education or skill set, but may not require a licence to practice pharmacy), you can have your credentials assessed by one of the other designated ECA organizations."

so does it mean I don't have to go through PEBC and can have my degrees evaluated with other agencies like WES.

I would really appreciate if you anyone can help me in this regard.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Yes you got it right, You can apply for the ECA of your Masters degree from WES, and you will get the points for your masters.