+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for only Masters and not for Bachelors degree

shridwd

Aug 7, 2017
Hi
I have applied for ECA for my spouse( Master & Bachelor degrees) and WES has replied to the application by stating they can evaluate only Masters( Master of Hospital administration) but not the Bachelors degree as it was done in Ayurveda.

To get the additional CRS points under spouse education, is it sufficient to just have Master degree evaluated or I must have ECA for bachelor degree also?

adtjindal

Star Member
May 2, 2017
new delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
just the master's worked for me. where is your degree from?

if WES says your master's is worth something else, say a bachelor's degree in Canada, you will have to take points for that only

shridwd

Aug 7, 2017
just the master's worked for me. where is your degree from?

if WES says your master's is worth something else, say a bachelor's degree in Canada, you will have to take points for that only
both Bachelor and Master Degree were from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences( its recognized). As of now WES can evaluate only Masters( Master of Hospital administration-2 Yrs full time) but not the Bachelors degree( 5yrs-full time) as it was done in Ayurveda.

My evaluation is still under progress with WES and they are waiting for my reply on either to evaluate Masters only or stop the process and refund the fee.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
both Bachelor and Master Degree were from Rajiv Gandhi University of Health sciences( its recognized). As of now WES can evaluate only Masters( Master of Hospital administration-2 Yrs full time) but not the Bachelors degree( 5yrs-full time) as it was done in Ayurveda.

My evaluation is still under progress with WES and they are waiting for my reply on either to evaluate Masters only or stop the process and refund the fee.
Qualification from few countries and universities they need to see bachelor degree to evaluate masters degree. They do this to check whether it is matching with the Canadian bachelor degree standard or not. As in your case they denied to evaluate your spouse's bachelor degree you have no other way but to go ahead and evaluate only the masters. Not sure what will be the outcome but it may not be a Canadian masters equivalent.
Hope it helps. Goo Luck!
edit: You only need the highest qualification to claim CRS points. However if they evaluate your spouse's masters as post graduate diploma then you will only be able to claim for one degree/certificate and won't be able to claim points for two or more degree/certificate because you do not have ECA on your spouse's bachelor degree.

Last edited:

SSDIMMI

Mar 4, 2018
Hi
I have applied for ECA for my spouse( Master & Bachelor degrees) and WES has replied to the application by stating they can evaluate only Masters( Master of Hospital administration) but not the Bachelors degree as it was done in Ayurveda.

To get the additional CRS points under spouse education, is it sufficient to just have Master degree evaluated or I must have ECA for bachelor degree also?
Hi Shridwd,

Pls let us know the final eca outcome for your spouse.