Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Hi everyone. I received my PT notification of interest a few days ago and now I'm in process of creating my OINP application. I just want to clarify, do i need to inform WES to send duplicate copy to OINP or it is okay if i send notarized photocopy of me and wife's eca report??

hemche

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Hyderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
2173 / 2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aniketganoo said:
Hi everyone. I received my PT notification of interest a few days ago and now I'm in process of creating my OINP application. I just want to clarify, do i need to inform WES to send duplicate copy to OINP or it is okay if i send notarized photocopy of me and wife's eca report??
Please see the below excerpt from Ontario immigration website update. You need to order a duplicate copy.

World Education Services (WES)
All applications to the OINP must include a copy of the applicant’s WES ECA report.
You must also authorize WES to share the results of your ECA report with the OINP:

If you already have an ECA
If you have an existing WES ECA report, you must order a duplicate of the report at: https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/xcopycic.asp. The “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT” must be indicated as the recipient of the report.
If you do not have an ECA
If you are applying for the first time for an ECA report, you must select the “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT” as a recipient of the report.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

aniketganoo

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Do I also need to include my wife's ECA report? Or just mine (primary applicant)

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
In your application package you have to include a photocopy of the hard copy of WES ECA report that you received.
Also, once you send your application package, you need to order a ECA copy online to be sent to OINP directly from WES.
Initially, you need to pay $75.71 for this. Later on, it is reported that WES provides a refund of around $40.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
aniketganoo said:
Do I also need to include my wife's ECA report? Or just mine (primary applicant)
It would be good to include your spouse's ECA report copy in your application package.
I don't know if an additional report of your spouse needs to be ordered directly to OINP from WES.

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
sushsmart15 said:
In your application package you have to include a photocopy of the hard copy of WES ECA report that you received.
Also, once you send your application package, you need to order a ECA copy online to be sent to OINP directly from WES.
Initially, you need to pay $75.71 for this. Later on, it is reported that WES provides a refund of around $40.
Hi Sushsmart15,

Are there any recent changes regarding requirement of ECA for OINP/OOPNP ? As I did not order any copy of ECA from WES to be sent to OINP directly, I had sent only copy of ECA report in my application package.
Please advise.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
manpreetdhindsa15 said:
Hi Sushsmart15,

Are there any recent changes regarding requirement of ECA for OINP/OOPNP ? As I did not order any copy of ECA from WES to be sent to OINP directly, I had sent only copy of ECA report in my application package.
Please advise.
[/quote

Yes, there is an update on the OINP website about this additional ECA copy.

January 11, 2016
Individuals submitting an application to either of Ontario‘s Express Entry streams – the Human Capital Priorities Stream or the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream – must provide an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for education obtained outside of Canada. An ECA report is used to verify that education obtained abroad meets the education requirements of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s (OINP) Express Entry streams.

All applicants to the OINP must provide an original ECA report or a copy of the report as part of their application package. Further, the process for individuals to authorize an ECA granting organization to share information with the OINP differs by organization. Please review the information below to learn more about the process for the organization with which you have an ECA or to which you will be applying for an ECA.

If you have any specific questions about the process for getting an ECA, or about how to provide authorization to share your ECA results with the OINP, please contact the ECA granting organization with which you are working.

Please also note that the information in this program update supersedes information found in the OINP application guides and forms for the Human Capital Priorities Stream and the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream.

Comparative Education Service (CES)
Applicants to the OINP must submit a copy of their CES ECA report and must authorize CES to share the results of their ECA with the OINP by filling out the following consent form: http://learn.utoronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Release-Information-Designate-OR-Withdraw-Representation.pdf.

If you have not yet applied for an ECA you should include the consent form as part of your ECA application package. If you have already submitted an application package for an ECA, you should fill out the form and send it to the CES by email. Please include your CES file number in the email.

International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS)
Applicants to the OINP must submit a copy of their ICAS ECA report. The ECA report must be included as part of your OINP application package. If it is not included, your application will be considered incomplete and will be returned to you.

Medical Council of Canada (MCC)
Applicants to the OINP must submit a copy of their MCC ECA report and must grant the MCC authority to share their information with the OINP. To do this, you must go to your physiciansapply.ca account and send an email to the MCC service desk which gives consent for the MCC to share your ECA report with the OINP. Please be sure to enter “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program” in the subject line of the email.

Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC)
Applicants to the OINP must include the original ECA report issued by PEBC as part of the application package to the OINP. If it is not included, your application will be considered incomplete and will be returned to you.

World Education Services (WES)
All applications to the OINP must include a copy of the applicant’s WES ECA report.
You must also authorize WES to share the results of your ECA report with the OINP:

If you already have an ECA
If you have an existing WES ECA report, you must order a duplicate of the report at: https://www.wes.org/ca/apply/xcopycic.asp. The “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT” must be indicated as the recipient of the report.
If you do not have an ECA
If you are applying for the first time for an ECA report, you must select the “Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT” as a recipient of the report.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aniketganoo said:
You can send a copy of the ECA report you received from WES (for both of you) as part of the application package. Also, you need to order a duplicate copy to be sent to OINP directly by WES for both of you (since you are claiming points for your wife's education as well)

You can place order for a duplicate copy of ECA report to be sent to MCIIT (OINP) by WES by following steps given below.

1. On your dashboard, click on 'Order Report'
2. On the next page, select 'Immigration' from the dropdown list and continue to the next page
3. Select 'No' for Would you like a paper report sent to you?
4. Click on 'Add Recipient'
5. Select recipient as 'Provincial Nominee Program' from the dropdown list and continue to next page
6. On the next page select the radio button for the recipient 'Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT' and mention in the Case Officer's name in 'Attention' field (if you have it, otherwise leave it blank) and continue to the payment page.
7. Once you get the receipt for payment made (payment confirmation page or email receipt), you can print out a copy and submit it as part of the application package to OINP.

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
Thanks Sushsmart for the update.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
It would be good to include your spouse's ECA report copy in your application package.
I don't know if an additional report of your spouse needs to be ordered directly to OINP from WES.
Logically speaking, if anyone is claiming points for spouse's education through ECA, OINP may want to verify it similar to the primary applicant's ECA. This is my take on it, the duplicate copy needs to be ordered for spouse as well. :)

aniketganoo

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Stanlee said:
You can send a copy of the ECA report you received from WES (for both of you) as part of the application package. Also, you need to order a duplicate copy to be sent to OINP directly by WES for both of you (since you are claiming points for your wife's education as well)

You can place order for a duplicate copy of ECA report to be sent to MCIIT (OINP) by WES by following steps given below.

1. On your dashboard, click on 'Order Report'
2. On the next page, select 'Immigration' from the dropdown list and continue to the next page
3. Select 'No' for Would you like a paper report sent to you?
4. Click on 'Add Recipient'
5. Select recipient as 'Provincial Nominee Program' from the dropdown list and continue to next page
6. On the next page select the radio button for the recipient 'Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, MCIIT' and mention in the Case Officer's name in 'Attention' field (if you have it, otherwise leave it blank) and continue to the payment page.
7. Once you get the receipt for payment made (payment confirmation page or email receipt), you can print out a copy and submit it as part of the application package to OINP.
Thanks for the detailed answer!! One more question. Is it okay if the Duplicate ECA report reached them before my OINP application package?? Because I'm ordering the duplicate copy online and sending the package separately from India

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aniketganoo said:
Thanks for the detailed answer!! One more question. Is it okay if the Duplicate ECA report reached them before my OINP application package?? Because I'm ordering the duplicate copy online and sending the package separately from India
The duplicate copy would be electronic so it does no matter if it reaches them before or after your application. What matters is when they are reviewing your application they should be able to access your ECA report online.

aniketganoo

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Stanlee said:
The duplicate copy would be electronic so it does no matter if it reaches them before or after your application. What matters is when they are reviewing your application they should be able to access your ECA report online.
Thanks for confirming!

aniketganoo

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
31st Jan 2017
Med's Done....
2nd March 2017
LANDED..........
18-12-2017
Hey everyone! I just read a thread where someone confirmed that the duplicate ECA report that we send has to be a Hard Copy!! Is it true? Can anyone confirm this please??

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
aniketganoo said:
Hey everyone! I just read a thread where someone confirmed that the duplicate ECA report that we send has to be a Hard Copy!! Is it true? Can anyone confirm this please??
You can refer to this thread for more clarity http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oinp-duplicate-eca-copy-required-from-wes-t385824.210.html