+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for non Canadian degree timing

Nick J

Aug 17, 2017
Hello,

1. using come to canada tool I get ref. no as I got my IELTS results now. could I submit the my express entry profile now before I get the ECA for my non Canadian degrees and still get CRS points for them as far as I have it ready when I get ITA for PR? or does it have to be before even I submit my express entry profile to pool in order to get CRS points for my degrees.

2. I have bachelor's from India and master's from USA, will getting both ECA help improve my CRS or just the highest i.e. master's will get the same?

3. how much are wait times for options provided for ECA? and any idea on costs for each? to choose the best of both.

Thanks much!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
1) It's not advisable. You're setting yourself up to be charged with misrepresentation & possibly banned from Canada. Be patient and do things by the book.

2) The masters degree will get you the highest number of points.

Nick J

Aug 17, 2017
thank you Sir/Madam. I was just not clear as I started filling out my express entry profile didn't find if it needs ECA ref. no. right now. so thought checking. so do we get ECA ref. no after we apply for eval. or with ECA results?

understand that MS will be highest points but will including Btech fetch more points per CRS-C "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" ?

also any idea on Q3 will help? thanks again!

1) It's not advisable. You're setting yourself up to be charged with misrepresentation & possibly banned from Canada. Be patient and do things by the book.

2) The masters degree will get you the highest number of points.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
thank you Sir/Madam. I was just not clear as I started filling out my express entry profile didn't find if it needs ECA ref. no. right now. so thought checking. so do we get ECA ref. no after we apply for eval. or with ECA results?

understand that MS will be highest points but will including Btech fetch more points per CRS-C "Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer" ?

also any idea on Q3 will help? thanks again!
A Masters degree is worth 126 points for married/135 points for single.
The "2 or more" option is worth 119 and 128 points.

You will get points for the Masters degree.