+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for NICMAR Professionals

May 2, 2017
Dear All,

I am from India and have done a 2 year full time post graduate programme (certificate course) in Advanced Construction Management (PGP-CM), from National Institute of Construction Management & Research (NICMAR). NICMAR is not approved by AICTE but was approved by university grant commission (UGC India).

My college (NICMAR) doesn't come under any University in India, as it is an autonomous college.

Is it recognized by WES ??

gtambat

Jul 9, 2017
Hey,
I am also from NICMAR and came here looking for the answer for same question. I am yet to get transcripts.
Did you submit NICMAR transcripts to WES? Is it recognized by WES?

Prospect

Dec 21, 2017
Hai, I am from NICMAR too. I have sent my transcripts to WES and they have not certified my PG saying that our institute is not listed in authorised universities. Because of this my score came down and i am not eligible for express entry. Heard from one of the agency that apart from WES, there are few other bodies who certify our credentials. We just need to check if they certify NICMAR or not. I found below list of designated organisations in website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed.html#toc3
Someone please inform us here, if any of these bodies certify NICMAR Credentials. Or any other way to get this done. Insisting on this because, for anybody between 24-26 yrs of age, with below 4 years experience, PG score will surely help in improving CRS.

Thank you in anticipation.

gtambat

Jul 9, 2017
Hi Prospect, did you get positive evaluation for NICMAR from any other designated evaluators (apart from WES)?

Prospect

Dec 21, 2017
Dear All,

I am from India and have done a 2 year full time post graduate programme (certificate course) in Advanced Construction Management (PGP-CM), from National Institute of Construction Management & Research (NICMAR). NICMAR is not approved by AICTE but was approved by university grant commission (UGC India).

My college (NICMAR) doesn't come under any University in India, as it is an autonomous college.

Is it recognized by WES ??
Hai...WES says NICMAR is not in their approved list of institutes. I got the same in my reports. Wanted to know if rest of the bodies will approve NICMAR or not.

Prospect

Dec 21, 2017
Hey,
I am also from NICMAR and came here looking for the answer for same question. I am yet to get transcripts.
Did you submit NICMAR transcripts to WES? Is it recognized by WES?
Hai...I did. Not certified by WES. Only graduation is certified. If possible try applying to one of remaining organisation who certify transcripts. However not sure if they certify Nicmar or not. Just a suggestion :)

pramodreddy

Apr 11, 2018
Hai, I am from NICMAR too. I have sent my transcripts to WES and they have not certified my PG saying that our institute is not listed in authorised universities. Because of this my score came down and i am not eligible for express entry. Heard from one of the agency that apart from WES, there are few other bodies who certify our credentials. We just need to check if they certify NICMAR or not. I found below list of designated organisations in website - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed.html#toc3
Someone please inform us here, if any of these bodies certify NICMAR Credentials. Or any other way to get this done. Insisting on this because, for anybody between 24-26 yrs of age, with below 4 years experience, PG score will surely help in improving CRS.

Hi bro, thanks for the update, i have seen a column mentioned as (please refer note), with this, we can get more points and will become eligible for express entry. so, can you please cross check with WES whether our NICMAR certificate shall be considered at least as a "certificate program" as mentioned in the note below. the reason why I'm insisting you to check is.. as you already have an outcome letter from WES, so it will be easy for you to quote the reference number and they will update with proper details.
Can you please let me know which certificate from NICMAR do you possess a two-year full time or one-year full time.

Note: a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate must either have been earned at an accredited Canadian university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute in Canada. Distance learning counts, but only if it made up less than half your study.

Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.

sommh

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hi,

I have completed BTECH followed by PG in management from NICMAR. My ECA report is as below,

1) Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's Degree (four years)
2) Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institute

My questions is, which option I should select,
a) Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute)
b) Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hi,

I have completed BTECH followed by PG in management from NICMAR. My ECA report is as below,

1) Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's Degree (four years)
2) Canadian Equivalency: Two years of post-secondary study at a non-recognized institute

My questions is, which option I should select,
a) Bachelor's degree (three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute)
b) Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.
Only bachelor.

Sep 10, 2018

I am sailing in the same boat,did any ones PG from Nicmar got considered through any of the Agencies?

Siddharth-BOM

Aug 20, 2018
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-02-2019
I've gone with WES for just my Bachelors, didn't send in NICMAR marksheets for evaluation. Although, I'd really like to know if any other agencies like IQAS or ICES evaluates NICMAR for 'Two or more certificate' category. It'd really help as I'm not exactly keen on learning French just to boost my CRS score.

Tina2211

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Ok please keep me posted btw at which stage are you in ECA process? When u sent your documents to IQAS?