+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for highest qualification only?

night-fury

Aug 19, 2017
Hi,

I am to apply for PR to Canada and i want to start the process for ECA at my end. I have B.tech and M.Sc. degrees. I need some clarification regarding the same, i was hoping some experienced people here can help me with.

Q: I am the primary applicant. Should I go for ECA for my highest degree i.e. M.Sc. only? or do I need to get my B.Tech degree evaluated as well. Since M.Sc. is highest qualification, only points for will be considered for points calculations, right.

please reply. thank you.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi,

I am to apply for PR to Canada and i want to start the process for ECA at my end. I have B.tech and M.Sc. degrees. I need some clarification regarding the same, i was hoping some experienced people here can help me with.

Q: I am the primary applicant. Should I go for ECA for my highest degree i.e. M.Sc. only? or do I need to get my B.Tech degree evaluated as well. Since M.Sc. is highest qualification, only points for will be considered for points calculations, right.

please reply. thank you.
Yes points for only the highest degree will be considered but in some cases a Masters degree is not recognized as a masters degree by the ECA agency. So it is better to get ECA done for both your degrees.

night-fury

Aug 19, 2017
thank you Maverick28. i have laready checked on WES site and my master's degree is equivalent to Canada's masters degree.

GKB1990

Jun 16, 2017
Hi,

please reply. thank you.