+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Express entry

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I have a question regarding ECA for express entry.
I am a Master's degree holder. I have my ECA done for my Master's degree. Do we also require ECA done for Bachelor's degree as well?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

OMSAIOM

dxb2020

Aug 28, 2015
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-07-2017
Hello people

I need your help/advice/suggestion

I want to get my ECA done. Before which i need to clarify that my country of residence is UAE and have completed my education here in UAE. However the institution from which i have completed my masters is an Australian Univeristy offering an Australian degree. The degree is attested and comes directly from Australia. My question is while selecting Country of Education should i select the country as UAE or Australia.

When Evaluating through WES
When i select UAE the university does not appear in the list. But when i select Australia it does appear in the list

:( :( ::)

Dreams1985

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dxb2020 said:
Hello people

I need your help/advice/suggestion

I want to get my ECA done. Before which i need to clarify that my country of residence is UAE and have completed my education here in UAE. However the institution from which i have completed my masters is an Australian Univeristy offering an Australian degree. The degree is attested and comes directly from Australia. My question is while selecting Country of Education should i select the country as UAE or Australia.

When Evaluating through WES
When i select UAE the university does not appear in the list. But when i select Australia it does appear in the list

:( :( ::)
select Australia

Dreams1985

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omsaiom said:
Hello All,

I am a Master's degree holder. I have my ECA done for my Master's degree. Do we also require ECA done for Bachelor's degree as well?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

OMSAIOM
I did my ECa for both bachelors and master degree. I think as per CIC you need to do ECa for both else you cannot show bachelor as your study in express entry profile. But you cannot do masters without bachelors. So ideally I would say you need ECS both for maters and bachelors

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
omsaiom said:
Hello All,

Any help is appreciated.

Best Regards,

OMSAIOM
It costs the same thing to do ECA for multiple degreees as long as its the same agency. I know this of WES. Since you have done it already, maybe contact the agency to see if you can have the bachelors done, and maybe they'll charge you a little. Even though Masters is your highest degree, I think it doesn't hurt to have ECA for both.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Dear All Senior members,

I have a question regarding the ECA Report and my Degrees/Diplomas

My Qualifications are as below:
1. Bachelor of Science in Zoology - 3Yrs.
2. Diploma in Computer Management -1 Yr.
3. Masters of Science in Zoology (specialization in Molecular Biology) - 2Yrs.

While my ECA from WES shows as below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hNX_E4ykaFS2ltYUNyRmpYUUk

My Questions are as follows:

1. What to choose under the dropdown menu 'Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report' for my Masters qualification while filling the EE Profile?
2. For my DCM (2nd Qualification DCM) there is no option in the dropdown menu of 'Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report' that matches the description in my ECA report shown above which is 'Completion of a second undergraduate major'?
3. I don't understand why my 2 yrs. of masters qualification has been downgraded to postgraduate diploma (one year) by WES?
Because of this i am loosing out substantial points on my CRS Score.

The CIC Webpage i am looking for reference on ECA is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Earliest response will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

My Timeline as below:
My CRS Score is 430 (Currently)
Just couriered my OINP Application Package

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
Dear All Senior members,

I have a question regarding the ECA Report and my Degrees/Diplomas

My Qualifications are as below:
1. Bachelor of Science in Zoology - 3Yrs.
2. Diploma in Computer Management -1 Yr.
3. Masters of Science in Zoology (specialization in Molecular Biology) - 2Yrs.

While my ECA from WES shows as below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8hNX_E4ykaFS2ltYUNyRmpYUUk

My Questions are as follows:

1. What to choose under the dropdown menu 'Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report' for my Masters qualification while filling the EE Profile?

Choose '2 or more degrees..' option. You will have a shot at the highest score under Skills Transferability.

2. For my DCM (2nd Qualification DCM) there is no option in the dropdown menu of 'Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report' that matches the description in my ECA report shown above which is 'Completion of a second undergraduate major'?

This doesn't add anything to your application. You can leave it out completely.

3. I don't understand why my 2 yrs. of masters qualification has been downgraded to postgraduate diploma (one year) by WES?
Because of this i am loosing out substantial points on my CRS Score.

You will lose a few points for Education but you will have a shot at the highest points under Skills Transferability.

The CIC Webpage i am looking for reference on ECA is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Earliest response will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

My Timeline as below:
My CRS Score is 430 (Currently)
Just couriered my OINP Application Package

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015

ShakIsm

Feb 24, 2016
Hi All!
I was awarded my UK-based MSc degree from the institutions' campus in Dubai. I received a positive ECA from WES listing the country of education as the UK. Should I list my country of education in my EE profile as Scotland (UK) or should I list it as UAE (Dubai)? If I list as the UK, will the CIC ask me to provide a UK police certificate? (Which isn't really applicable since I studied in the Dubai Campus)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
ShakIsm said:
Hi All!
I was awarded my UK-based MSc degree from the institutions' campus in Dubai. I received a positive ECA from WES listing the country of education as the UK. Should I list my country of education in my EE profile as Scotland (UK) or should I list it as UAE (Dubai)? If I list as the UK, will the CIC ask me to provide a UK police certificate? (Which isn't really applicable since I studied in the Dubai Campus)

Appropriate PCCs (time duration wise) will be required for each address you provide in your address history section.

ShakIsm

Feb 24, 2016
CanadaWeCome said:
Appropriate PCCs (time duration wise) will be required for each address you provide in your address history section.
Right. So there is a seperate for me to insert my address history once I get my ITA, based on which I must provide my PCCs?