+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for B. Tech M. Tech Dual Degree

mayanks_098

Oct 19, 2017
Hello experts,

I am applying for Express Entry soon. Just started the process and taking my IELTS soon.

I have 2 questions over which I have been scratching my head for some time now.

1. I have a B. Tech M. Tech (Dual Degree) in Biotechnology. It was a 5 year degree. I am not sure what do I enter it is when selecting in the dropdown in WES? Masters? What will this be equivalent to in Canada? Masters or Bachelors?

2. My university, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology does not feature in the list of colleges/ universities in WES list. They also don't seem to have any "Others" option which I can select. So how do I get my credentials evaluated?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hello experts,

I am applying for Express Entry soon. Just started the process and taking my IELTS soon.

I have 2 questions over which I have been scratching my head for some time now.

1. I have a B. Tech M. Tech (Dual Degree) in Biotechnology. It was a 5 year degree. I am not sure what do I enter it is when selecting in the dropdown in WES? Masters? What will this be equivalent to in Canada? Masters or Bachelors?

2. My university, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology does not feature in the list of colleges/ universities in WES list. They also don't seem to have any "Others" option which I can select. So how do I get my credentials evaluated?
Have you checked any of the other education assessment agencies other than WES? I don't think you're restricted from sending your credentials to WES just because your school isn't in their school list - it may mean though that you have a higher chance of WES assessing that your Degree is not recognized, but you never know until you try...

mayanks_098

Oct 19, 2017
Have you checked any of the other education assessment agencies other than WES? I don't think you're restricted from sending your credentials to WES just because your school isn't in their school list - it may mean though that you have a higher chance of WES assessing that your Degree is not recognized, but you never know until you try...
Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I tried and started filling up details in WES website anyway and to my surprise my college cvame up. I think I was put off by this link on this page which doesn't have my college. So I guess that bit is solved.

Do you have any advice whether B. Tech M. Tech (Dual Degree) in Biotechnology will be equivalent to Masters or Bachelors in Canada?

Secondly, Do I need to get sealed transcripts from my college before I apply in WES or can I apply anyway?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Thanks for your reply. Yesterday I tried and started filling up details in WES website anyway and to my surprise my college cvame up. I think I was put off by this link on this page which doesn't have my college. So I guess that bit is solved.

Do you have any advice whether B. Tech M. Tech (Dual Degree) in Biotechnology will be equivalent to Masters or Bachelors in Canada?

Secondly, Do I need to get sealed transcripts from my college before I apply in WES or can I apply anyway?
Unfortunately, it's very difficult to guess how WES will evaluate your Degree, unless you know anyone who did the same programme as you, at the same school, who could tell you how their Degree was assessed.

You can apply, but your application won't progress until they get the sealed transcripts (and any other documents they might need) from you.

swathsu

Jan 2, 2018
Dear all, I have a Dual Degree (B/M Tech) in Engineering and then I have a Doctorate. My institute gave 2 degree certificates separately for bachelors and masters but the final grade card has Dual Degree (B. Tech and M. Tech) listed; what do i select in drop down menu on WES - Bachelors or Masters or Bachelors and Masters for credential evaluation. Thank you;

ptyagi87

Jun 6, 2018
Hi mayank have u got hr assessment done by wes and what was there response

I have also done my btech in IT from shobhit university and m little sceptical wether I will get a positive response or not

mayanks_098

Oct 19, 2017
Hi mayank have u got hr assessment done by wes and what was there response

I have also done my btech in IT from shobhit university and m little sceptical wether I will get a positive response or not
I already updated the thread with the answer you are looking for. It was Masters.

ptyagi87

Jun 6, 2018
I already updated the thread with the answer you are looking for. It was Masters.
Hi mayank
Even i tried doing it on the free assessment tool on wes website but could not find shobhit university how ever once i created my log in and entered my details I could find

ptyagi87

Jun 6, 2018
Hi mayank sorry to disturb u just wanted to know if you got a positive reply from wes for your degree from jaypee INSTITUTE for information tech which I believe is a deemd university

Thanks

anrana

Jan 5, 2020
Hi ,

I did my btech mba dual degree from jaypee noida 2008-13. I saw your thread that you got degrees evaluated from wes for canada pr and it was evaluated as masters. I want to get degrees evaluated as well. I wanted to know did you add 2 credentials when creating your wes appication as bachelor of technology and for your masters or you mentioned just one credentials as masters programmes and name of diploma certificate as as Bachelors of technology/Maters of business administration integrated. I am confused whether i should add 2 credentails 1 for bachelors and second for mba or just 1 for masters where i mention integrated .

venkat6795

Oct 12, 2020
Hi mayanks_098

Appreciate your answer on the evaluation as a Master's degree. Even I'm holding the same B.Tech and M.Tech dual degree from India.
Could you please give the info on what exactly you had selected in the WES portal among these?

Master of Technology (Integrated)
Master of Technology
Bachelor of Technology (Dual Degree)

OR

Have you added two credentials?

Let's say you had selected Master of Technology, the attended time should be given as complete years or just the last one year?

Thanks
Venkat

Manku7637

Jan 25, 2021
Hi experts,

I did my MBA from JIIT Noida (Jaypee Institute of Information and Technology) and my wife did her MBA from Amity University Noida. I know that WES will not consider our MBAs as master’s. I tried to register on ICAS and IQAS but both accept very limited applications on daily basis so was not able to go through.

I checked on the website of ICES and they do not evaluate any of the above mentioned university.

Now CES is the only option left for us. Do you think that they will evaluate both the MBAs as masters??

Btw we both did our bachelors from HNB Garhwal University (IMS Dehradun).

Thanks in advance

Last edited: