+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for B.A (Hons) and MBA

Dec 7, 2018
Hello,

I have done B.A (hons) in Economics (three years program) from University of Karachi. I had completed my B.A (hons) in 2011 and started my MBA from Iobm three years program on 2013 and completed in on September 2017.

My work experience started from August 1st 2016 and I am currently working

My question is what equivalency I will get from IQAS and from which year my work experience will be counted?

Since B.A (Hons) cannot be stand alone degree as they don't accept graduation less than 4 years. From where my work experience will be counted. From the date when my MBA was completed?

I need three years of experience and good score in ielts to get to the minimum score of 445 in Express Entry.

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hello,

I have done B.A (hons) in Economics (three years program) from University of Karachi. I had completed my B.A (hons) in 2011 and started my MBA from Iobm three years program on 2013 and completed in on September 2017.

My work experience started from August 1st 2016 and I am currently working

My question is what equivalency I will get from IQAS and from which year my work experience will be counted?

Since B.A (Hons) cannot be stand alone degree as they don't accept graduation less than 4 years. From where my work experience will be counted. From the date when my MBA was completed?

I need three years of experience and good score in ielts to get to the minimum score of 445 in Express Entry.
Go for ECA and then you'll know what you get. My spouse had B.COM and MPA from UoK evaluated as diploma (2 years) and bachelors (4 years) respectively. It's a lottery really considering the vast types of education/ universities out there. Some people get a better ECA then their education and some don't get ECA according to their expectations.

Reactions: Lazyapplicant2018
Dec 7, 2018
My spouse had B.COM and MPA from UoK evaluated as diploma (2 years) and bachelors (4 years) respectively.
Thanks for the reply. I assume B.com was considered Diploma and MPA was considered Bachelors? Also which service you used for evaluation? How many years was MPA program?

Also from where my work experience will be counted after completing MBA or after bachelors?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Thanks for the reply. I assume B.com was considered Diploma and MPA was considered Bachelors? Also which service you used for evaluation? How many years was MPA program?

Also from where my work experience will be counted after completing MBA or after bachelors?
Yes your assumption is correct. I used WES. MPA was two years. I think it will be counted from the time you can justify the full time requirement of 30 hours per week.

Dec 7, 2018
Yes your assumption is correct. I used WES. MPA was two years. I think it will be counted from the time you can justify the full time requirement of 30 hours per week.
So regardless of education, my experience will be counted in full. I have full-time experience 45 hours per week. How much time does WES took for ECA?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
So regardless of education, my experience will be counted in full. I have full-time experience 45 hours per week. How much time does WES took for ECA?
That is what I know but you should verify further. WES took around 60 days from time of sending to receiving the report