+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for ACII or ACCA

Apr 12, 2020
Dear Members

I hope this finds you well

I am looking for ECA particularly CES against Associate degree of Chartered Insurer (Associate Degree like ACCA)from Pakistan. Anybody have experience of ECA for their ACII or ACCA. What is the weightage and whole procedure.

Apr 12, 2020
ACCA you'll get equivalent to 4 year Bachelor degree.
Thanks for reply. My experience is insurance underwriter and ACII is covering my experience on the other hand My MBA Finance (4 years bachelor too) not according to my experience. Now what should i do ECA MBA or ACII?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I'm not sure how ACII works or the equivalence, i doubt it will be for more than 4 year bachelor degree.

If you have an MBA Finance, get the ECA done but not by WES, choose CES or IQAS. If you get equivalent to Masters, that's max points other than PhD.

Apr 12, 2020
Again thanks for reply.
I heared ACII is considered as 4 years bachelor. However MBA Finance is not relevant to my job experience then is it works in Alberta or EE system. Please also inform ECA report from CES or IQAS may expire after few yours or not? Means ECA report having any expiry date?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You can always do ECA for both qualifications, it will cost you the same and boost your application, if you feel ACII is more relevant for your career, but MBA will give you more points.

Usually ECAs are valid for 5 years.

Woody8881

Nov 23, 2019
Urgent please

I hold ACII qualifoed from the Chartered Insurance Insitute of London. I applied for ECA via WES and received equivanelcy of 2 years Diploma. Surprised to see this since it is a QCF Level 6 and is supposed to be equivalent to Bachelors 4 Years Hons degree. Any one has any idea? Guidance needed please

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Urgent please

I hold ACII qualifoed from the Chartered Insurance Insitute of London. I applied for ECA via WES and received equivanelcy of 2 years Diploma. Surprised to see this since it is a QCF Level 6 and is supposed to be equivalent to Bachelors 4 Years Hons degree. Any one has any idea? Guidance needed please
It's not always the same equivalency in Canada.

For example, ACCA according to UK NARIC is equivalent to RQF Level 7 which is comparable to Master's degree, but according to WES ECA it's equivalent to 4 year Bachelor's degree.

So it's not necessarily the same equivalency.

Woody8881

Nov 23, 2019
It's not always the same equivalency in Canada.

For example, ACCA according to UK NARIC is equivalent to RQF Level 7 which is comparable to Master's degree, but according to WES ECA it's equivalent to 4 year Bachelor's degree.

So it's not necessarily the same equivalency.
Thanks for the response. What is your suggestion in that case? Should I go for a different equicalency like IQAS or ICA?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
I don't think another assessment agency will give you another equivalency, i think the standard equivalency for it in Canada is 2 year diploma, i'm sorry to say.

Woody8881

Nov 23, 2019
I don't think another assessment agency will give you another equivalency, i think the standard equivalency for it in Canada is 2 year diploma, i'm sorry to say.
Thanks. Do you know if distance learning MSc (2 years) is accepted? If so, what is it equivalent to?

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Sure, it should be accepted, if it's from a recognised institution it should be equivalent to a 2 year Master's degree.

I think with professional qualifications it can be a bit hit or miss, because in Canada they don't really have this as a primary qualification.

Woody8881

Nov 23, 2019
Thanks for the guidance. 2 years DL MSc from the UK post ACII should be ok in that scenario? Do they only consider the highest qualification, which in this case is MSc? Sorry to bother you

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
No worries, yes you only get points for your highest qualification.

You can even have only the highest qualification assessed in your ECA.