+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Evaluation issue please help all experts

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I am confused about what to select in CIC forms as there is no such option for my ECA evaluation of a 2 year degree course

"Completion of a second undergraduate Major"

The options I have are

University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
University degree at the Master’s level
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Secondary school (high school diploma)

What should I select,I even called WES and they said only CIC can confirm what to select.
I would be highly thankful and oblidged to anyone who has an expert opinion or been in this issue and passed with PPR.

Thanks mates..

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
If you have a two year degree course then I would presume you pick the option that says two year degree course.

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

This may also be useful for you.

utsobtirtha2014

Jun 13, 2016
I have three questions related to ECA. Could anyone plz answer?
I had my WES assessment for 4 yrs bachelor and 2.5 years masters (MBA) but WES provides credential eqv. to 4 yrs bachelor, not masters.
1. How can I get masters equivalency?
2. Does it depend on Course to Course OR Document to Document basis assessment?
3. Which WES report IRCC accepts:Course to Course OR Document to Document basis assessment?

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utsobtirtha2014 said:
I had my WES assessment for 4 yrs bachelor and 2.5 years masters (MBA) but WES provides credential eqv. to 4 yrs bachelor, not masters.
3. Which WES report IRCC accepts:Course to Course OR Document to Document basis assessment?
Its better you get your education evaluated from ICAS or University of Toronto,they take time but the evaluation is usually better than WES.

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamezmoran said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

This may also be useful for you.
Its not at all useful-there is no such option to select as WES evaluation is "Completion of a 2nd undergraduate Major"

I think the closest I can select is "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute"

Can anyone comment on this..thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaronpaul said:
Its better you get your education evaluated from ICAS or University of Toronto,they take time but the evaluation is usually better than WES.
Yes, I got MBA for my 1 year Master study by ICAS. At the same time I only got 4 years for my 5 years full diploma. However, it will take you like 8 months + to get through ICAS.

Aaronpaul

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Stanlee,Asivad any other experts and seniors,I am literally pleading you to please help me on this as WES said they cant help me,its between me and CIC. I am not interested in scoring more points on this front as already I have a OINP Nomination but want to choose the right option and dont want to be be rejected for choosing a higher or wrong one.

Thanks in advance.

Pinga

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaronpaul said:
Hi

I am confused about what to select in CIC forms as there is no such option for my ECA evaluation of a 2 year degree course

"Completion of a second undergraduate Major"

The options I have are

University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
University degree at the Master’s level
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
Secondary school (high school diploma)

What should I select,I even called WES and they said only CIC can confirm what to select.
I would be highly thankful and oblidged to anyone who has an expert opinion or been in this issue and passed with PPR.

Thanks mates..
I believe you should be selecting "Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other". As its a 2 year degree you have.

Pinga

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aaronpaul said:
@Stanlee,Asivad any other experts and seniors,I am literally pleading you to please help me on this as WES said they cant help me,its between me and CIC. I am not interested in scoring more points on this front as already I have a OINP Nomination but want to choose the right option and dont want to be be rejected for choosing a higher or wrong one.

Thanks in advance.
If you do not want to claim points for your education. Then you can avoid getting an ECA done and just declare your education and quote that you haven't got the WES evaluation done. This is not going to harm your profile anyway except the loss of additional points for Education. (If your OINP certificate has an education dependency, you should be contacting a good lawyer for advice)

AIM123

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
utsobtirtha2014 said:
pls inform WES that your MBA was not evaluated. it would be an oversight from WES. Same happen to me and it was corrected

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Aaronpaul said:
Says who, exactly? And why?