+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Evaluation for PGDM from WES and ICES

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hi Aamir,
I sent only my pgdm because my Bachelor's evaluated by WES. You will have to get your bachelor's ecalueval as well if you want to claim points for 2 or more degrees/diploma.

I don't think ICES is as fast as it was when I submitted my credential. We had submitted my spouse's credential for evaluation on 22nd January and it's still under evaluation. :(
Hi Div
Did ICES recognize your PGDM as Masters ? Can u please confirm

WES didnt recognize it correct ?

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi All,

I received my ECA report from CES today and the Canadian equivalency has been mentioned as shown below -

Can you please clarify if I can claim points for Masters equivalency based on this report?

Apologies in advance if you feel that this post is unrelated to this thread - I just wanted to confirm the equivalency with experienced folks!

Thank you!

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hi All,

I received my ECA report from CES today and the Canadian equivalency has been mentioned as shown below -

Can you please clarify if I can claim points for Masters equivalency based on this report?

Apologies in advance if you feel that this post is unrelated to this thread - I just wanted to confirm the equivalency with experienced folks!

Thank you!
your image is not visible

type your report here please

Div_newbie

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Hi All,

Thank you!
Congratulations! Yes, I think it is a Master's evaluation. What were your timelines?

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hey mahesh
Which colllge was it can you please confirm
Thank you! I submitted my application, transcripts around Dec 15 and received the PDF report on Mar 19 - so 3 months of total processing time.
Also ces charges seperately for the each degree
So did you pay twice the amount ?

I am thinking of getting it done from ces but confused should I send only my masters or both bachelors and masters

Can you please suggest based on your experience

maheshmit

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Also ces charges seperately for the each degree
So did you pay twice the amount ?

I am thinking of getting it done from ces but confused should I send only my masters or both bachelors and masters

Can you please suggest based on your experience
Hi Aamir - Even I was confused in this area and hence to be on the safer side, sent both my Bachelors and Masters credentials. My thought process was that in case CES doesn't consider my MBA as masters but only as a PG diploma (like WES), I would still have the option of claiming points for 2 or more degrees. I did pay the fee for two credentials ($420) for this.

But luckily, CES gave masters equivalency for my MBA. So, I feel that it might be safe to send only masters to CES - but do research about your specific qualification. Check in forums if anyone with your qualification (or ideally from your college) got a Masters equivalency from CES.

Sorry that I'm not able to provide a clear cut response.

Reactions: aamir69

aamir69

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
Hi Aamir - Even I was confused in this area and hence to be on the safer side, sent both my Bachelors and Masters credentials. My thought process was that in case CES doesn't consider my MBA as masters but only as a PG diploma (like WES), I would still have the option of claiming points for 2 or more degrees. I did pay the fee for two credentials ($420) for this.

But luckily, CES gave masters equivalency for my MBA. So, I feel that it might be safe to send only masters to CES - but do research about your specific qualification. Check in forums if anyone with your qualification (or ideally from your college) got a Masters equivalency from CES.

Sorry that I'm not able to provide a clear cut response.
Thanks Mahesh !
I have sent u a private message

Fatfatty

Feb 6, 2019
I guess they are taking a lot more time than what they took when I got it evaluated. I had sent mine in December and despite Christmas holidays they sent the evaluation in about a month's time.

However, we submitted my husband's Master's from Hyderabad University on January 22nd and the status still reads ' Documents received (being checked by ICES).

It's so disappointing :(
Pls do update us when d ECA is received.
Thanks

Fatfatty

Feb 6, 2019
Hi there! Received my husband's ECA report on Monday. It was for a PGDM.

Our wait is not over yet as WES is still evaluating Bachelor's and Master's.
Congratulations! Can u share d timeline? When did it change from checking to complete?

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
Hi guys,
I got my ECA done from WES but unfortunately they marked my recognized MBA from UBS, Panjab University as 1 Year Post Graduate Diploma. Currently, my estimated CRS post getting a 8777 should be 446. In case it was fairly evaluated as Masters, CRS score might have been 453. Hence, I am considering to go for assessment by another organisation.

Any confirmed idea whether ICES or CES evaluate MBA from recognized universities in India as Masters?
Which one of these two is the faster?

Any information around these will be highly appreciated.
TIA!