+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA evaluation - First name, last name

sandhyahooda

Jan 10, 2018
Hi all,
In WES profile, given name and family name is mandatory but in my documents there is only given name no family name.
What would be the name on my ECA evaluation report?
On my passport I have both given name and family name , so My ECA evaluation report should contain the same information as per my passport (both given name and family name)?

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
WES report issued will be addressed to the name as per WES profile. Further, they will also write the name written as per your degree for all the qualifications you are getting assessed.

In all cases, your all documents should have same name as per passport, if not, you might need to attach affidavit, LOE or other supporting document(s) depending on the nature of difference.

sandhyahooda

Jan 10, 2018
WES report issued will be addressed to the name as per WES profile. Further, they will also write the name written as per your degree for all the qualifications you are getting assessed.

In all cases, your all documents should have same name as per passport, if not, you might need to attach affidavit, LOE or other supporting document(s) depending on the nature of difference.
Thanks rehanacca,sorry to bother u with one more query, do i have to send the affedevit and supporting documents with transcript.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Thanks rehanacca,sorry to bother u with one more query, do i have to send the affedevit and supporting documents with transcript.
Sorry i forgot to mention that second paragraph was only for Visa Application part.

You just need to ensure that the name appearing on your WES profile matches with passport. If it's not then you should call them.

I also had difference in one of my degree and passport/WES profile name. I didn't give anything to them nor did they ask. Just submit the required documents without any affidavit. I did same with no issue.

sandhyahooda

Jan 10, 2018
Sorry i forgot to mention that second paragraph was only for Visa Application part.

You just need to ensure that the name appearing on your WES profile matches with passport. If it's not then you should call them.

I also had difference in one of my degree and passport/WES profile name. I didn't give anything to them nor did they ask. Just submit the required documents without any affidavit. I did same with no issue.
thanks for ur rply, it means i don't need to send anything extra with the degree and transcript

Shaka2018

Apr 17, 2018
Yes in my case this thing happens to me and i have requested them as follows

"Kindly correct my name as FIRST NAME :- " MUHAMMAD SHAKEEL ", and LAST NAME:- " AWAN " , Previously I have done a mistake while filling my name and mistakenly filled as first name :- Muhammad, middle name:- Shakeel and Last name :- Awan. So, it is my humble request that i have no middle name and in my all records (educational certificates, IELTS, Passport) my FIRST NAME is "MUHAMMAD SHAKEEL" and LAST NAME is "AWAN"

and they have given me response as follows
"
You name is already on your application as Muhammad Shakeel Awan.
Please note that you can update your personal information through My Account."

So, i think that there is no issue

Apr 30, 2018
Hi Friends,

A clarity needed on below issue

My spouse name's spelling is different on school certificates and University degrees,in Certificates its written as "henna" and in degrees its mentioned as "heena/hena".Can it affect WES euqilance or immigration process.

rehanacca

Apr 22, 2017
Hi Friends,

A clarity needed on below issue

My spouse name's spelling is different on school certificates and University degrees,in Certificates its written as "henna" and in degrees its mentioned as "heena/hena".Can it affect WES euqilance or immigration process.
That's a significant issue as these are completely different names. You should attempt to have the name corrected on educational documents and keep it same as written in passport.

If you are not able to do it due to time constraints, create WES profile with credentials as per passport and with each education, write name as per degree. While applying for Express Entry, keep name same as passport and provide them same name affidavit. You should be fine.

Sonucheena

Jun 7, 2018
Even I have the same query :On academics single name is mentioned while rest all documents like passport have complete name along with other stuff

Need to fill in WES profile for E-CARD

How should I proceed and if there any need of AFFADAVIT ,PASSPORT Copy ,Formal letter to WES .....requirement

Please guide

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Yes in my case this thing happens to me and i have requested them as follows

"Kindly correct my name as FIRST NAME :- " MUHAMMAD SHAKEEL ", and LAST NAME:- " AWAN " , Previously I have done a mistake while filling my name and mistakenly filled as first name :- Muhammad, middle name:- Shakeel and Last name :- Awan. So, it is my humble request that i have no middle name and in my all records (educational certificates, IELTS, Passport) my FIRST NAME is "MUHAMMAD SHAKEEL" and LAST NAME is "AWAN"

and they have given me response as follows
"
You name is already on your application as Muhammad Shakeel Awan.
Please note that you can update your personal information through My Account."

So, i think that there is no issue
hi, you did it after report generation or when your application was in draft mode.
I also have same problem. Passport doesnot have surname and my as " A B" is mentioned in Given name but while making WES profile I put "A" as first name and "B" as last name. Plz help

Shadab3001

Apr 30, 2018
i want to know that my name on ACCA certificate is different from the name in passport as after marriage i changed my surname, but the wes profile and passport has same name. will it affect wes evaluation process? or do i need to change name in my ACCA certificate?

kamy18

Star Member
May 15, 2018
i want to know that my name on ACCA certificate is different from the name in passport as after marriage i changed my surname, but the wes profile and passport has same name. will it affect wes evaluation process? or do i need to change name in my ACCA certificate?
You can send Marriage certificate to WES , your report will have your name and also name on educational credentials

Gspreet90

Aug 18, 2019
hi, you did it after report generation or when your application was in draft mode.
I also have same problem. Passport doesnot have surname and my as " A B" is mentioned in Given name but while making WES profile I put "A" as first name and "B" as last name. Plz help

I have also the same problem. kindly informe what you had done for this. your suggestions will be helpful for me

Last edited: