+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - do I need to send secondary education certificates?

vineet_120191

May 20, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am interested in immigration to Canada through EE and just got my IELTS results (Overall: 8). I am going to apply for ECA and thinking to do it via WES (World Education Services). However, I have a doubt for which I am not able to find any answers in the existing threads on this forum or on the WES website.

I have done Bachelor of Computer Applications (from Panjab University, India) and for that, I'll ask my University to send the transcripts to WES. I do not have any Post Graduate degree. My doubt is, do I need to send my 10th and 12th marksheets/degrees?

There is the option in WES to select secondary edcuation, but it doesn't look mandatory to do so. If I check "documents required as per country of education" link, It says:

1) University Education
2) State Board: Technical Education
3) State Board: General Nursing And MidWifery
4) Professional Education
5) Secondary Education

Now, there is nowhere written that "one don't need to send secondary education marksheets if he/she has university degree". So, do I need to send it or not?
Also, If I need to send it, I don't think the "Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India" sends transcripts for this purpose. I have the original marksheet and certificate with me though. Can I notarize its copy and send it?

Thanks!

Reactions: mynkgarg

abhijeetwadhwa

Jan 17, 2017
Now, there is nowhere written that "one don't need to send secondary education marksheets if he/she has university degree". So, do I need to send it or not?
No

I have done Bachelor of Computer Applications (from Panjab University, India) and for that, I'll ask my University to send the transcripts to WES.
If your university does not send it to WES, you can ask them to handover the transcripts in sealed envelope and you can mail that envelop to WES.

Cheers!!

vineet_120191

May 20, 2017
No

If your university does not send it to WES, you can ask them to handover the transcripts in sealed envelope and you can mail that envelop to WES.

Cheers!!
My university sends transcripts, so sending proof of my Bachelors wouldn't be a problem.
So, should I go ahead and select only "Bachelors" to be assessed in WES website and get transcripts sent from the university, and no need to do anything anything about 10th/12th (secondary education) ?

Thank you in advance!

mynkgarg

Oct 13, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am interested in immigration to Canada through EE and just got my IELTS results (Overall: 8). I am going to apply for ECA and thinking to do it via WES (World Education Services). However, I have a doubt for which I am not able to find any answers in the existing threads on this forum or on the WES website.

I have done Bachelor of Computer Applications (from Panjab University, India) and for that, I'll ask my University to send the transcripts to WES. I do not have any Post Graduate degree. My doubt is, do I need to send my 10th and 12th marksheets/degrees?

There is the option in WES to select secondary edcuation, but it doesn't look mandatory to do so. If I check "documents required as per country of education" link, It says:

1) University Education
2) State Board: Technical Education
3) State Board: General Nursing And MidWifery
4) Professional Education
5) Secondary Education

Also, If I need to send it, I don't think the "Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), India" sends transcripts for this purpose. I have the original marksheet and certificate with me though. Can I notarize its copy and send it?

Thanks!
Hi Vineet

i am also applying for canada immigration and has the same question. Did u send your CBSE docs (10th and 12th marksheet and certificate)to WES for ECA ? i have done graduation and post graduation and on WES online application should i enter secondary school details ?

Last edited: