+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Dilemma - Please Advise

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I kind of forgot to update the part of the application that says ECA for undergrad degree. I initially put No in the part that says "has an Education Assessment been done for this degree" when filling out my EE profile because I didn't have ECA done at the time. I have the ECA now and I can't update that part on the system because I have been Invited to apply. Do I just upload my ECA document and also include a letter explaining what happened? Please advise.

noesis

May 26, 2015
Raphealvw said:
I have the ECA now and I can't update that part on the system because I have been Invited to apply. Do I just upload my ECA document and also include a letter explaining what happened? Please advise.
Thats strange, you should be able to update it. Click on the "Modify" row section in the education list to update your bachelors degree. If this still doesn't work, you should be able to create a new row for education and add your information there, with the ECA. If you can do that, you should be able to remove the old education entry. CIC accesses the ECA database using the number you put in for the ECA reference, so this is important. Since it is a technical issue, send them a technical inquiry if all else fails.

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
noesis said:
Thats strange, you should be able to update it. Click on the "Modify" row section in the education list to update your bachelors degree. If this still doesn't work, you should be able to create a new row for education and add your information there, with the ECA. If you can do that, you should be able to remove the old education entry. CIC accesses the ECA database using the number you put in for the ECA reference, so this is important. Since it is a technical issue, send them a technical inquiry if all else fails.
Hi Noesis,
I can't modify anything , looks like my application has been locked down because I've been invited to apply.

Thanks,
Raph

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raphealvw said:
Hi Noesis,
I can't modify anything , looks like my application has been locked down because I've been invited to apply.

Thanks,
Raph
You don't modify on the EE application but on your PR application. When you are answering questions on the questionnaire part of your PR application, change your answer to reflect that you have had an ECA done. Then bundle it with your diploma in a pdf and upload with your documents.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
You don't modify on the EE application but on your PR application. When you are answering questions on the questionnaire part of your PR application, change your answer to reflect that you have had an ECA done. Then bundle it with your diploma in a pdf and upload with your documents.
Dobes,

I have a diploma, bachelors and Masters and have done ECA for my bachelors and Masters. Will CIC expect me to submit the ECA for diploma as well as I have mentioned this in the education. Please clarify.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajanvnv said:
Dobes,

I have a diploma, bachelors and Masters and have done ECA for my bachelors and Masters. Will CIC expect me to submit the ECA for diploma as well as I have mentioned this in the education. Please clarify.
CIC will want you to submit a photocopy of your diploma and the number of your ECA evaluation. I think it's safer to include a copy of the ECA and put it together in a pdf with your diploma(s).

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
CIC will want you to submit a photocopy of your diploma and the number of your ECA evaluation. I think it's safer to include a copy of the ECA and put it together in a pdf with your diploma(s).
Thanks dobes

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
dobes said:
Hi Dobes,
Thanks for the advice. Just a little scared in case they consider that as misrepresentation. Do you know anyone that has done it?

Thanks