+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA City and Guilds + Edexcel, anybody have experience with these?

canada2015CEC

Feb 4, 2015
Hi,

I have a few city and guilds certificates(advanced modern apprenticeship) and a BTEC HNC Engineering from Edexcel that I would like to get assessed for. Ive already paid WES and sent them a copy of the documents, so now I have to get the transcripts and results sent directly to them. Im not sure who I contact about this, do I contact the colleges that I studied in? Are they supposed to send the details they have to WES? Or do I contact City and Guilds/Edexcel directly and see if they can do something? If anybody has experience dealing with these bodies could you tell me how you got on? Best of luck with your applications everybody!

kennethdunn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
canada2015CEC said:
Hi,

I have a few city and guilds certificates(advanced modern apprenticeship) and a BTEC HNC Engineering from Edexcel that I would like to get assessed for. Ive already paid WES and sent them a copy of the documents, so now I have to get the transcripts and results sent directly to them. Im not sure who I contact about this, do I contact the colleges that I studied in? Are they supposed to send the details they have to WES? Or do I contact City and Guilds/Edexcel directly and see if they can do something? If anybody has experience dealing with these bodies could you tell me how you got on? Best of luck with your applications everybody!
Hey Buddy,
I got my City & Guilds evaluated with WES. You need to speak with the City & Guilds institute directly and give them your details. I think it was around £40 and they will then release your certificates to WES. When WES receive's these documents they will then update your profile and send you an evaluation in the post with the Canadian equivalency summary report. The report will then determine your CRS education points.
Hope this helps
Kenny

Big_Boy

Aug 31, 2014
canada2015CEC said:
Hi,

I have some BTEC and NVQ from Edexcel and I directly contacted them and had to pay for replacement certificate service. They are going to send my transcripts to WES.

canada2015CEC

Feb 4, 2015
Thanks guys, kennethdunn did you just get them to send copies of your certificates or a copy of the syllabus as well? They say its going to cost £44 for each of the certificates and an extra £44 for a syllabus for each certificate, I have 3 certificates so that might cost alot if I have to order the syllabus as well! Also 2 of my certificates are short courses, one being a level 3 autocad that was one night a week for a year, and the other being a level 3 testing and inspection certificate that took me 6 months to get, would it be even worth it getting these assesed? Maybe I should just send in my certificate for my NVQ3 modern apprenticeship?

Thanks Big_Boy il give those guys a call today regarding my HNC.

kennethdunn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
canada2015CEC said:
Thanks guys, kennethdunn did you just get them to send copies of your certificates or a copy of the syllabus as well? They say its going to cost £44 for each of the certificates and an extra £44 for a syllabus for each certificate, I have 3 certificates so that might cost alot if I have to order the syllabus as well! Also 2 of my certificates are short courses, one being a level 3 autocad that was one night a week for a year, and the other being a level 3 testing and inspection certificate that took me 6 months to get, would it be even worth it getting these assesed? Maybe I should just send in my certificate for my NVQ3 modern apprenticeship?

Thanks Big_Boy il give those guys a call today regarding my HNC.
I would send the syllabus with that NVQ3 mate and see how it comes back. Because they leave high school here at 18 they will not recognize GCSE.
I mean I sent in an NVQ and it came back evaluated as "Secondary School Diploma" so gives me 30 points. Better than nothing.
The units I took are listed on my certificates so I guess they went on that.

canada2015CEC

Feb 4, 2015
OK thanks Kenneth, I will get both sent just to be sure.

To anybody else who may need a qualification from Edexcel assessed, you can only order confirmation of results online, pretty simple process, just enter your certificate details into this part of the site,

edexcel. com/i-am-a1/student/replace-certs-secure/Pages/Replace-my-certificate.aspx

and pay using a card, choose your delivery address, they will deliver to Toronto, you can choose standard delivery or a courier, I did speak to someone on the phone about it and they said they send to WES regularly, so don't sweat.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone get ECAs back on their BTEC? I would like to know the equivalency for a Level 3 National Diploma or Level 7 Extended Professional diploma... anyone?

thanks

canada2015CEC

Feb 4, 2015
For anyone who has a level 5 HNC, I sent mine to WES and it came back as 1 year of university, so that got me an extra 90 points for EE.

modibitar1

Feb 26, 2018
Hi All, Appreciate your advice on this :

I have +ve assessment from WES for my bachelor degree, I did also the IELTS. my current CRS is 427. I intend to take a certificate or diploma from pearson in Dubai. Does any one know if doing so could fetch me 2 degree points ? some certifications/ diploma from Edexel can take from 1- 3 months which could be great way of increasing score. Any one knows if this possible.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed

komalhassaan

Mar 11, 2018
Hi All, Appreciate your advice on this :

I have +ve assessment from WES for my bachelor degree, I did also the IELTS. my current CRS is 427. I intend to take a certificate or diploma from pearson in Dubai. Does any one know if doing so could fetch me 2 degree points ? some certifications/ diploma from Edexel can take from 1- 3 months which could be great way of increasing score. Any one knows if this possible.

Thanks in advance.

Mohammed
Hi, Have you got the answer to this please?

keebs

Jan 31, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-02-2018
AOR Received.
06/03/2017
Passport Req..
03/07/2018
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018

komalhassaan

Mar 11, 2018
I had a 2 yr HND from Edexcel along with my degree and it did fetch 2 degree points
If someone has 2 distance learning diplomas (1 year each) and both at same time duration (march 2017 to march 2018), will it be accepted as 1 year program or 2 year programs for express entry/crs tool?