+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA BY WES

Obaid142

Nov 6, 2016
Hi
I want to apply for education credential assessment through WES. Can you please tell me of I can send them notarized documents of my degrees or do they require certified documents from back home as I am already in Canada?
How much money I have to show for study permit as I am already in Canada?

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
I have done my eca before applying for my study permit... a week back... and am waiting for my study permit... will my study permit be rejected due to an eca...

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You don't need ECA for study permit, you just submit copies of your diploma/transcripts.

If you need to do ECA for immigration/express entry etc it must be sent directly from your University to WES in a sealed envelope, contact your university on how to do this.

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
You don't need ECA for study permit, you just submit copies of your diploma/transcripts.

If you need to do ECA for immigration/express entry etc it must be sent directly from your University to WES in a sealed envelope, contact your university on how to do this.
thats not what i mean..... Here is my case below...
I did my ECA... just as a prerequisite for pr later on in my life...
I decided to do my mba from canada... got admission.. applied for study permit... now its been 8 weeks since i have not got my student visa...im thinking that the reason i am not gettin my study permit is because i have done my eca... can an eca be a cause for rejected study permit?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
thats not what i mean..... Here is my case below...
I did my ECA... just as a prerequisite for pr later on in my life...
I decided to do my mba from canada... got admission.. applied for study permit... now its been 8 weeks since i have not got my student visa...im thinking that the reason i am not gettin my study permit is because i have done my eca... can an eca be a cause for rejected study permit?
No. 8 weeks is also not that long.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
an eca means ur going to apply for an ee profile... n thenn in ur study permit sop u say that u r gonna come back... ? doesnt it contradict?
ECA is just an evaluation of your credentials, there could be a million reasons to do it, even applying for ee profile is allowed because its not an application to immigration unless you get the ITA and apply. Also pretty sure WES is just a private company.

snerosh

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
ECA is just an evaluation of your credentials, there could be a million reasons to do it, even applying for ee profile is allowed because its not an application to immigration unless you get the ITA and apply. Also pretty sure WES is just a private company.
Thank you for your kind reply..... Hope to get my visa soon im in my 9th Week ..