+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA by WES Cancelled

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Hi all,

I am in a great mess right now and here I am seeking for help.

I am from India and studied B.A (Honours) in Digital Media from an Institution. My institution was affiliated by University of Wales, UK. I have done a 1 year post graduation program in Ontario and currently working in Canada and planning to apply for PR under experience class in a few months. For which I had to take ECA for my Bachelor's degree to get certain some points for my PR application. I made an application to WES for ECA report. And requested my university to courier the transcripts to WES Canada, which they did. But unfortunately, WES could not evaluate my degree credentials. University of Wales had an affiliation with the the institution in India back in 2012 the year I graduated. Currently this University is not affiliated to the institution that I have graduated from anymore.

WES replied with a short report saying "We have received the documents that were submitted to WES for credential evaluation. World Education Services does not accept documents for programs validated by the University of Wales but completed at the institution you attended."

Right now, I am very worried about the situation that I am in. I am really worried that am going to loose many points for my degree. It feels like I have a degree but I do not have a degree at the same time. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or any other ways to get my degree evaluated.

Thank you very much for your time. Your help, much appreciated. Hoping for help.

VNC007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
Passport Req..
12 Oct 2016
have you provided attested transcripts from Indian Institution ?
If not, Try contacting your institution & get them to send directly to WES or If you get a Sealed Envelope, send using DHL etc. It does not matter if the affilation has ended now but since your Institution is governing body, its transcripts will be valid as when you graduated the affilation was valid.

Cheers

D3xt0r said:
Hi all,

I am in a great mess right now and here I am seeking for help.

I am from India and studied B.A (Honours) in Digital Media from an Institution. My institution was affiliated by University of Wales, UK. I have done a 1 year post graduation program in Ontario and currently working in Canada and planning to apply for PR under experience class in a few months. For which I had to take ECA for my Bachelor's degree to get certain some points for my PR application. I made an application to WES for ECA report. And requested my university to courier the transcripts to WES Canada, which they did. But unfortunately, WES could not evaluate my degree credentials. University of Wales had an affiliation with the the institution in India back in 2012 the year I graduated. Currently this University is not affiliated to the institution that I have graduated from anymore.

WES replied with a short report saying "We have received the documents that were submitted to WES for credential evaluation. World Education Services does not accept documents for programs validated by the University of Wales but completed at the institution you attended."

Right now, I am very worried about the situation that I am in. I am really worried that am going to loose many points for my degree. It feels like I have a degree but I do not have a degree at the same time. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or any other ways to get my degree evaluated.

Thank you very much for your time. Your help, much appreciated. Hoping for help.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
VNC007 said:
have you provided attested transcripts from Indian Institution ?
If not, Try contacting your institution & get them to send directly to WES or If you get a Sealed Envelope, send using DHL etc. It does not matter if the affilation has ended now but since your Institution is governing body, its transcripts will be valid as when you graduated the affilation was valid.

Cheers
I second that, there is no requirement to be affiliated, as long the university in India is legit you should be totally fine.

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Thank you very much for your replies. I really appreciate it. I called up WES to know what is the actual reason for not doing the evaluation. They replied saying its one of their company rules that they do not evaluate degrees from University of Wales. And I have spoken to my institution in India to see if there is any other way around. They said the institution was never affiliated cause the university can not provide an affiliation outside the country, but they could only give a validation to the programs. Thus, my degree is validated by the Wales University and I am an Alumni of University of Wales there is no doubt in it.

They have also mentioned that there was an other student who has been through the same situation but got his evaluation done from some recognised company which they do not remember the name. I would ask you experts to please suggest me something that I can go with.

Thank you very much for your time. I am really grateful for your help. :)

VNC007

Star Member
Apr 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
19-03-2016
AOR Received.
16-03-2016
Passport Req..
12 Oct 2016
I am still not clear on if your Indian institution can provide you attested marksheet (Transcripts) that way you can continue with WES and get the ECA, since I assume you have already paid to WES

if you want use other services for getting your ECA, please follow this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

Cheers

D3xt0r said:
Thank you very much for your replies. I really appreciate it. I called up WES to know what is the actual reason for not doing the evaluation. They replied saying its one of their company rules that they do not evaluate degrees from University of Wales. And I have spoken to my institution in India to see if there is any other way around. They said the institution was never affiliated cause the university can not provide an affiliation outside the country, but they could only give a validation to the programs. Thus, my degree is validated by the Wales University and I am an Alumni of University of Wales there is no doubt in it.

They have also mentioned that there was an other student who has been through the same situation but got his evaluation done from some recognised company which they do not remember the name. I would ask you experts to please suggest me something that I can go with.

Thank you very much for your time. I am really grateful for your help. :)

D3xt0r

May 18, 2016
Thank you for the reply. But the Indian institution can not provide an attested copy of my transcripts cause the institution does not really has a registrar. It is not a college but an institution. And WES has initiated for my refund. I am planning to go through an other CIC designated evaluation firm at the moment. Thank you very much the help. :)

virtual.bond

Aug 5, 2008
Hi All,

I also have the same problem with WES after i have done the payment and payed my university to send them the package they replied "WES does not evaluate programs validated by the University of Wales but completed at the Robert Kennedy College"

Can any one help me in this and let me know who does the ECA for the University of Wales issued degrees. Its my MBA degree so its very important that i get the ECA otherwise i will loose lot of points.

Thanks

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I also have the same problem with WES after i have done the payment and payed my university to send them the package they replied "WES does not evaluate programs validated by the University of Wales but completed at the Robert Kennedy College"

Can any one help me in this and let me know who does the ECA for the University of Wales issued degrees. Its my MBA degree so its very important that i get the ECA otherwise i will loose lot of points.

Thanks
have you tried using IQAS instead of WES? they are a bit more flexible from what i have heard

virtual.bond

Aug 5, 2008

wardahjb

Aug 5, 2018
Hi,
I am facing the same problem, they didn't accept my bachelor degree from USA and send me message,

We have received the documents that were submitted to WES for credential evaluation. We regret to inform you that WES does not accept documents from Carlfield University and i ask my university they send directly to WES. I am worried now

I don't know what i have to do...Please suggest me other wise i loose my points...

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,
I am facing the same problem, they didn't accept my bachelor degree from USA and send me message,

We have received the documents that were submitted to WES for credential evaluation. We regret to inform you that WES does not accept documents from Carlfield University and i ask my university they send directly to WES. I am worried now

I don't know what i have to do...Please suggest me other wise i loose my points...
is it an accredited university?