+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - bodies/agencies comparison!

smhamza

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
Hello.

I am planning to apply for my ECA. The Canadian government website says that I can choose one of any five bodies listed (WES, ICAS, BCIT, CES, etc.). Someone told me that for Express Entry purpose, only WES or ICAS are valid or preferable. Is that correct? The reason I am asking is because any agency other than ICAS or WES might be more suitable/easy to me. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Hello.

I am planning to apply for my ECA. The Canadian government website says that I can choose one of any five bodies listed (WES, ICAS, BCIT, CES, etc.). Someone told me that for Express Entry purpose, only WES or ICAS are valid or preferable. Is that correct? The reason I am asking is because any agency other than ICAS or WES might be more suitable/easy to me. Your feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks.
IMO most applicants go with WES as their process time is the shortest, and you get the ECA relatively faster.

ECLN

Aug 23, 2018
Toulouse, France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
I got mine from Wes, 4 weeks exactly since the reception of the documents. Others are at 12 weeks

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello.

Thanks.
For Canada PR

You can choose ICES, IQAS, ICAS, WES any of them. All are valid for PR.

yaseenyar

Jun 2, 2018
Hi I have completed my MBA from UCP Pakistan. I need ECA for Express Entry. Please suggest me which agency will be good for ECA (WES don't provide ECA for UCP). Also guide me does ICAS actually take 6 to 8 months for ECA?