+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eca assessment for trades ???

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
does anyone know who to use when your education is a trade ? i am journeyman automotive service technician and all the companys listed on the cic website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=681&top=29

dont do any kind of trade eca assessments

so where is a person with a trade getting there eca from then ?????

Liam88

Mar 27, 2015
ICAS is the only option for having a trade assessed. WES will return/reject an application for trades evaluation. Processing time at ICAS is on average 6 months +\- 2 weeks and the level of Canadian education given in your ICAS certificate will generally be " 1 year College certificate"

fossy

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
really no one here that is a trades person and had to go threw this and got any info ?

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
any news regarding this post, because i have 2 trades certificates and still dont know if this is enough
up pls

Bobbieleigh

Dec 11, 2015
You can't assess your trade certificate. The only way is to sit Red Seal exam in Canada to get Canadian trade certificate.

Jai_From_Aus

Jul 15, 2017
How do we get an ECA for express entry if we need to sit the Red Seal exam in canada?
I have been told that I need Canadian work experience and to fill out a logbook before getting my qualifications assessed and being allowed to sit the Red Seal exam.
If this is correct how do we apply for Express Entry when I can't work in Canada as I am not eligible due to age for a working visa.

Any help?

nellerama

Apr 17, 2018
How do we get an ECA for express entry if we need to sit the Red Seal exam in canada?
I have been told that I need Canadian work experience and to fill out a logbook before getting my qualifications assessed and being allowed to sit the Red Seal exam.
If this is correct how do we apply for Express Entry when I can't work in Canada as I am not eligible due to age for a working visa.

Any help?
did you ever find out what you're supposed to do ?