+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Assessment for degree (without diploma transcripts)

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have completed 3 years Diploma (after 10th) and directly joined 2nd year of engineering and completed the 4 years of BE (actual study period - 3 years) as I had already the diploma in similar stream.

For ECA Assessment, I have just sent my BE marksheets and degree on March 26th '15 (3 years marksheets and degree) along with the transcripts provided by University in sealed envelope. I was unable to obtain a similar transcripts for my Diploma. I did my diploma in an autonomous institution and hence marksheets was issued by the College while the Diploma was awarded by sTATE BOARD OF TECH EDUCATION.

Will my ECA go through and will I be provided an assessment. Please clarify. Will they reject my ECA assessment or ask me to provide the transcripts for diploma as well.

Can someone who has undergone a simialr situation throw some light on this scenario.

Thanks.

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
Hi,
My understanding is we should submit both Diploma and BE transcripts. Because we will have 6 semester's (3 years) BE degree mark sheets only excluding first years mark sheets. Hope you would have explained the same in a letter to WES while sending BE transcripts.

And my experience is, I submitted both and got the WES assessment done. Result is my degree is a Canada equivalent BE degree (4 years)
However few friends here posted that they have got the same results but with just BE transcripts however they joined BE after a diploma though.

I would say either wait for the WES updates anyways they will not reject but request you send additional required documents or try to get diploma transcripts as it took one month for me to get my diploma transcripts.

Please check my post for getting a diploma transcripts with DOTE.

Thanks.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
It's in your best interest to submit both because the Skills Transferability section gives points for having two or more degrees/diplomas.

VJ2015

Mar 13, 2015
YamPower .

I dont think Skills Transferability section gives points for this scenario as WES result is just its a Canada equivalent BE degree of 4 years.

Rao2015

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted diploma mark sheets authenticated by MSBTE in my case. Previous cases on this forum mentioned WES did not provide bachelor equivalency due to missing first year record. It went smoothly and I received bachelor equivalency...