+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

East and west toronto

gyucel23

Dec 30, 2004
Anyone who lives in toronto can answer my questions.
Is toronto a good place to live and find a job?
What is the difference between east and west toronto?
Where should I rent an apartment in Toronto?
How much is the average rent for 1-2 bedroom apartments?
Do they ask for social insurance number to rent an apartment?
I have social security number from US.

vrccan

Jan 28, 2007
"Is toronto a good place to live and find a job?"
- I'm currently a student here, so I can't really help you answer that question unfortunately. Maybe some others that live in Toronto that have had a lot of experience searching for jobs?

"What is the difference between east and west toronto?
- Well west Toronto used to be its own city called "Etobicoke" and the same for east Toronto, which used to be "Scarborough". Scarborough's larger and has more green space than Etobicoke and usually the rent reflects that, but they're both residential areas.

"Where should I rent an apartment in Toronto?"
- It really depends on what you're looking for. If you'll be more specific in what you want, I can advise you better :)

"How much is the average rent for 1-2 bedroom apartments"
- It's difficult to give an average number, since rent varies depending on where in the city you are. It would be better first to either a) figure out where you want to live and we can advise you on the average prices in that area or b) figure out what you're budget is, and based on that we can advise you on where in the city you might be able to reside.

"Do they ask for SIN to rent an apartment?"
- My experience here based on helping friends and relatives is that it depends. Some do and some don't - most of them are just looking for proof that you can pay the rent and at most places a recent pay-stub should be sufficient proof of that.