+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eassy to get pr saskathewa or manitoba

wadi91

Dec 22, 2012
actually no uni told me much ... only 1 uni told dat my grades were low ..... all others just informed me .

n there was nuthin written abt supervisors form m.eng ..... so cant say for sure ....

fahad911

Feb 11, 2012
Hi tiger,

i usaually see ur posts they are very helpful

here is a situation

Right now i am in memorial university of newfounland, canada. i landed here about 15 days ago. i am doing BBA from here got credit transfer of only one semster on B.com from pakistan

let me tell u about my self
i am ACCA finalist and i have also done B.com back from pakistan. i will also get B.sc in apllied accounting once i complete ACCA. assume that i will get b.sc after 2 years
now the problem is that as i will be having 2 degree so i am planning to go for 2 year bussines diploma program at SIAST in Saskatchewan
i am going to apply for admission within a week

i am going sas becoz there pr is easy and i can get related job and even if job is not related i can apply for apply
so these are the reasons for moving to sas

so what do u suggest me to do

these are my current planning plz help me i am in trouble

looking for a quick response

thanks

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Hi,

As I mentioned above... any Master degree from a Sask based university(of minimum 1 year) - Univ of Sask or Univ of Regina.. will qualify you for direct PNP nomination..and hence direct PR.
2nd option are the Ontario based universities...but there number of universities and Master degree holders are much more in numbers... and it's a pilot programme limited to only 1st 1000 applicants every year. Or learn french/ start learning French simultaneously and go to Quebec.. direct CSQ and then PR..if you are a Master degree holder..with min intermediate knowledge of French..DELF B1 level.

Hey Tiger,

Thank you sooo very much! I just saw your posts and you reallly are helping this community! Mate, now you just put my headach into a new stage (sorry but it just got worse). Its basically in my nature, i try to think so hard on each and every point and end up with extream depression.

Here's my situation, I'm an ACCA Affiliate (all exams passed), I'm taking Gmat perhaps in May or June. Now my real problem is settelment. I'm seaching for a good place in Canada and i found Saskatoon Last month, I was happy with the city even though the temperature is harsh but my Only concern in PR, I know i'm being greedy but thats my nature.

THe problem is I'm looking for a Good MBA (i know all the universities for good MBA in Sask, ONT, and Qubec). After looking your reply now bells are starting to ring hard and i'm thinking to learn french! Well? Is that the right way? Should i Look for McGill or Concordia for MBA and learn french?

What i mean is ... Is Qubec THE BEST Option for me? VS Saskatoon ?

learning french will be hard but i'm sure i will do it cuz its alll for my future! Anyway sorry for this looong annoying posts!

Looking for your reply!!
Cheers mate and thanks alot!

tiger007

Champion Member
wJaz said:
Hey Tiger,

Thank you sooo very much! I just saw your posts and you reallly are helping this community! Mate, now you just put my headach into a new stage (sorry but it just got worse). Its basically in my nature, i try to think so hard on each and every point and end up with extream depression.

Here's my situation, I'm an ACCA Affiliate (all exams passed), I'm taking Gmat perhaps in May or June. Now my real problem is settelment. I'm seaching for a good place in Canada and i found Saskatoon Last month, I was happy with the city even though the temperature is harsh but my Only concern in PR, I know i'm being greedy but thats my nature.

THe problem is I'm looking for a Good MBA (i know all the universities for good MBA in Sask, ONT, and Qubec). After looking your reply now bells are starting to ring hard and i'm thinking to learn french! Well? Is that the right way? Should i Look for McGill or Concordia for MBA and learn french?

What i mean is ... Is Qubec THE BEST Option for me? VS Saskatoon ?

learning french will be hard but i'm sure i will do it cuz its alll for my future! Anyway sorry for this looong annoying posts!

Looking for your reply!!
Cheers mate and thanks alot!

Hi,

Even after MBA in Univ. of Sask., you are eligible directly for PR, under Sask Master's and PhD stream. Although you have to meet some conditions. To know more see: http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student
It's a good option.

But for student PR.. nothing beats PEQ-Québec Graduate of Quebec. Pass Your Master degree/ other eligible diplomas/degrees in Quebec and show proof of intermediate level French such as passing DELF B1 level French proficiency exam. that's it.. no conditions attached. Direct CSQ in 20 days. And then apply for PR...with the federal govt. That's it.
To know more: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

And as I mentioned in 1-2 of my earlier posts recently, that... if one is studying Master's of 2 acd. years in Montreal (where major 2 English medium universities are located), it's not at all an issue to clear DELF B1 level French proficiency exam, to study simultaneously (Quebec considers only speaking and listening, and 1 must score 16/25 in these sections, score min 5/10 in reading and writing sections and clear the overall DELF with min 50/100. Alternatively, one can also sit for other French proficiency exams..which are solely for Quebec immigration such as TEFaQ and TCFQ- both 've got only listening and speaking sections, and one must score enough points equivalent to B1 level). Moreover, Quebec govt. provides free DELF coaching to international students and recent immigrants. One can also learn it in universities, by paying very low fees. Traditionally it is said, that 310 hours are required to clear DELF B1 level for a complete beginner, but there are many faster methods to learn(just to prepare you for exam) online and offline. One such website is Frenchfaster (http://www.frenchfaster.com). They provide 1-1 private tuitions on skype, and claim only 80 hours of their training method, is more than enough to clear DELF B1 level! So.. as people may think..that French..might be a big hurdle.. but it's not.. you don't have to speak French for the rest of your life.. just clear the DELF B1 and TEFaq/TCFQ- score enough to be considered as B1 level and hola! done! Only thing..is not many of us are willing to go through that pain of learning French!

But, I believe... if you go to Quebec..go for the MBA.. Concordia and MCgill MBA's 're better than Univ. of Sask MBA, i.e if you get admissions. French will automatically follow.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

eagle89

Dec 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
H aha ha bhaiyo ....abhi shadi bhi nahi hui aur aap sab bachhe paida karne lage ho.....lol.....off course it is good to have information before getting stuck there...
@tiger bhai thank you very much for sharing your knowledge.Surely it does help.

wJaz

Aug 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Even after MBA in Univ. of Sask., you are eligible directly for PR, under Sask Master's and PhD stream. Although you have to meet some conditions. To know more see: http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student
It's a good option.

But for student PR.. nothing beats PEQ-Québec Graduate of Quebec. Pass Your Master degree/ other eligible diplomas/degrees in Quebec and show proof of intermediate level French such as passing DELF B1 level French proficiency exam. that's it.. no conditions attached. Direct CSQ in 20 days. And then apply for PR...with the federal govt. That's it.
To know more: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/students-peq/index.html

And as I mentioned in 1-2 of my earlier posts recently, that... if one is studying Master's of 2 acd. years in Montreal (where major 2 English medium universities are located), it's not at all an issue to clear DELF B1 level French proficiency exam, to study simultaneously (Quebec considers only speaking and listening, and 1 must score 16/25 in these sections, score min 5/10 in reading and writing sections and clear the overall DELF with min 50/100. Alternatively, one can also sit for other French proficiency exams..which are solely for Quebec immigration such as TEFaQ and TCFQ- both 've got only listening and speaking sections, and one must score enough points equivalent to B1 level). Moreover, Quebec govt. provides free DELF coaching to international students and recent immigrants. One can also learn it in universities, by paying very low fees. Traditionally it is said, that 310 hours are required to clear DELF B1 level for a complete beginner, but there are many faster methods to learn(just to prepare you for exam) online and offline. One such website is Frenchfaster (http://www.frenchfaster.com). They provide 1-1 private tuitions on skype, and claim only 80 hours of their training method, is more than enough to clear DELF B1 level! So.. as people may think..that French..might be a big hurdle.. but it's not.. you don't have to speak French for the rest of your life.. just clear the DELF B1 and TEFaq/TCFQ- score enough to be considered as B1 level and hola! done! Only thing..is not many of us are willing to go through that pain of learning French!

But, I believe... if you go to Quebec..go for the MBA.. Concordia and MCgill MBA's 're better than Univ. of Sask MBA, i.e if you get admissions. French will automatically follow.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

ooh thats too good! you cleared all the misconception. Allright! Now its all clear for me! I just have to get an admission in Concordia or McGill .. i Just hope they give me one? lets hope they recognize my ACCA Qualification and i bet they wont! They dont even realized that Canada resulted just because of United Kingdom! lol

Mate, Thank you very much! I will get back to you in few days.. let me try for an admission in these universities and then willl let you know!

THANKS ALOT brother.

Singhpreet

Nov 27, 2018
Hi,

There are some major differences:

1. Sask - you work for 6 months, if you have studied in Sask based educational institute and then apply for Student SINP, while students of other provinces now need to work for 1 year. No priority given to students of Sask. for processing of PNP applictaion, and hence MAY take longer time. MAster's and PHD students of Sask universities get direct PR, provided they meet some given conditions.

The job(for which you gather 6 months or 1 Year work experience) can be Any part time, co-op, on campus, off campus jobs...as long as it is 960 hours (for 6 months) and 1920 hours(for 1 year), and then at the end of completion of required hours/months... One MUST have a full time job offer,. hence a hell lot of flexibility to change jobs and employers. You just need to collect evidence of working there.

2. Manitoba - Irrespective of any province you come from, as an international student..you will have to work for 6 months in ANY full time job, BUT priority for much faster processing of MPNP applications given to Manitoba students. No special PR scheme for University students.

The job has to be a Full time job... right from the start... that too under a SINGLE employer for 6 months, and while working under that SAME employer..one need to file his/her MPNP application. Hence, no flexibility to change jobs..have to work strictly under 1 employer..and honestly some employers may try to exploit/take benefit of this situation, since the student's MPNP/PR is in that single employer's hands.

So, as an international student of other provinces, even though one may need to work for 1 year in Sask (as compared to 6 months in Manitoba), there is much more flexibility in SINP. And it's better to work for 1 year in SINP, rather than being stuck with single employer(unless it's a good job), if 1 has a 3 years PGWP. As a Sask student.. SINP is best. So, this is my personal opinion. Rest upto you to decide.

Links:
http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/student

http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/international-students/

Apart from Sask. and Manitoba, in reality... Quebec has the EASIEST PR (direct CSQ)... ONLY if one knows intermediate level FRENCH (i.e DELF B1/ or studies in French medium), and studies certain type of courses such as Diploma level of min 1800 hours/2 years(1 or 2 shorter diplomas combined) and above in colleges or Bachelor degree or Master degrees and above in Universities..

Best of Luck.

I am going to for mater m.ed in Manitoba .what PR chances are there

Mm Ali

Oct 25, 2019
Hi ,
I'm planning to study computer science and I'm confused between university of Sask and university of Manitoba. Please tell me which province is better for computer science or software engineering opportunities. And which province would be better to get PR .

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi ,
I'm planning to study computer science and I'm confused between university of Sask and university of Manitoba. Please tell me which province is better for computer science or software engineering opportunities. And which province would be better to get PR .
As per above post this thread is 6 years old so post your question in a new thread