+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Easiest pathway to PR

Dec 8, 2017
Hi,

I am asking on behalf of a family friend who currently lives in Pakistan. He is in his late 30s married and has 2 kids. He has an MBA from a decent university in Pakistan and works with a government department overseeing natural resources conservation such as fisheries, wildlife etc. My question is, does anyone know of any PNP pathway in any province that considers this line of work as "in demand" for the purposes of PNP?

Appreciate anyone who has experience having applied through such pathways ie AIP and the sorts.

Thanks!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I am asking on behalf of a family friend who currently lives in Pakistan. He is in his late 30s married and has 2 kids. He has an MBA from a decent university in Pakistan and works with a government department overseeing natural resources conservation such as fisheries, wildlife etc. My question is, does anyone know of any PNP pathway in any province that considers this line of work as "in demand" for the purposes of PNP?

Appreciate anyone who has experience having applied through such pathways ie AIP and the sorts.

Thanks!
There is no easy way. Is he eligible for Express Entry with his ECA and language tests? Given his age, he will lose a lot of points at 40. What is his eligibilty and CRS score? That is the first step. Research PNP-EE programs and see if his NOC and score are drawn.

If not eligible for EE, then he needs a job offer. AIP requires a job offer from a designated employer showing that no one in Canada could be hired to the job. Not sure he would get a job offer in his field.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just to add to that, he also has a HTV which is essentially a truck driver license and has worked in trucking for a few years
Don’t know what that is. That isn’t a provincial license. Look at trucking jobs then and see if you can get a LMIA and then work permit.

Last edited: