+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EARNING OPPORTUNITIES FOR AGED INVESTMENT AND FINANCE PROFESSIONALS

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
Dear All,

I wish to explore the topic of possible earning opportunities and creating a suitable platform for investment and finance professionals like me who may migrate to Canada at the age of 55 plus or so. It means people like me will not be able to position themselves in the job market on a normal conventional basis. Hence, I feel the ideal thing for them is to look for both specific tailor-made consulting opportunities as well as some sort of retainership wherein it can be winsome for both the parties concerned.

My ques in this regard are:

1. Will this be a viable proposition to explore since this will involve huge efforts at a late stage of life and one is not sure of the outcome or the level of success in this mission ?

2. Given the advanced age factor, it may be a challenge to acquire local qualifications and is it possible to get into earning opportunities with skill, but minus local qualifications ?

3. Who are the likely categories of 'employers' who may have a need for services of such personnel and what they may expect ?

4. Even if, as stated in 3 above, one can get into something, how much repetitive or sustainable these can be, so that a reasonable maintainable income stream can be created ?

5. Any valuable tips and hints on this theme and ideas on how to approach, which are the sources thru which this can work out well, how much time it may take, etc. etc. would be highly useful.

6. Any relevant additional info, hints, etc. will be received with great thanks.

Thank U....

Chellamani

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
1. it is a choice you have to make. Is it viable yes, but would you want to upset your current comfortable life? You will need to find an answer
2. No one is checking age for the job postings. But yes just because you have 25-30 years of experience is not going to help either. You shouldbe ready to start from the bottom
3. Research
4. Research
5. Use google, linkedIn, to understand what kind of jobs are available out there. Depends on the city you want to move