+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

early request for an oath ceremony

Meharchandani

Mar 3, 2020
I passed my Canadian citizenship test on Feb 13, 2020 , visa officer congratulate me and my family , she asked us about our future travel plan, she said we will receive letter of ceremony in few months , unfortunately my Mother has passed away back home , now I want to go overseas , but same time i want to go after my oath ceremony for that I am waiting for , Can I call them and request for earlier oath ceremony ?

immshunli

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No. You can only request it to be postponed. By the way, may your mother Rest In Peace.

aditvasu

Star Member
May 9, 2019
I passed my Canadian citizenship test on Feb 13, 2020 , visa officer congratulate me and my family , she asked us about our future travel plan, she said we will receive letter of ceremony in few months , unfortunately my Mother has passed away back home , now I want to go overseas , but same time i want to go after my oath ceremony for that I am waiting for , Can I call them and request for earlier oath ceremony ?
Hi

Sorry to hear that. You travel and go back home. It is more important.
Oath Ceremony takes 2-3 weeks to 2-3 months. Some people got it on the next day also. it depends.

It may not happen immediately.

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
I am saddened to know about demise of your mother. It is an huge loss. You must contact customer care before flying back home and apprise them the situation, I am hopeful for favorable decision. Last year one of my friend faced the same situation and he was allowed hearing next day. May your mother's soul RIP