+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

early coming

Gurkirtan

Nov 6, 2017
i got my jan i2018 intake visa in oct. now m planning to arrive on 13 nov but my classes is in jan. is there any objection by airport visa offcer?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sine you are arriving so early you will have to show that you have the extra funds to live in Canada until school starts or you could be denied entry. Remember that you are not allowed to work (if you plan to) until classes begin.

Reactions: Gurkirtan

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
As per my communication with my visa officer, one can travel to Canada only a month prior to the school starts. Although I don't have any authentication on this, I think its good if you check with some professional and then make your travel plans.

Reactions: Gurkirtan

Gurkirtan

Nov 6, 2017
Sine you are arriving so early you will have to show that you have the extra funds to live in Canada until school starts or you could be denied entry. Remember that you are not allowed to work (if you plan to) until classes begin.
if i have extra fund then will it okay?

Gurkirtan

Nov 6, 2017
As per my communication with my visa officer, one can travel to Canada only a month prior to the school starts. Although I don't have any authentication on this, I think its good if you check with some professional and then make your travel plans.
but why wht is the main reason we already have visa then why they put this on entry level

akeera

Nov 5, 2017
but why wht is the main reason we already have visa then why they put this on entry level
Well if you have applied from India under SPP canada visa (Student Partnership Program) you may travel a month before your college begins. Frankly I do not know a clear reason on this part yet but you might be questioned a lot by immigration officer on your arrival too early. If you are in contact with any professional visa agent or someone you may take their advice on this and then plan accordingly. You may also CIC website in case they have mentioned anything in this regards.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes you habe a visa but it is a student visa so your arrival should coincide with the start of your studies with a few weeks/a month of preparation time. Many students arrive with not enough money or they plan on working before school starts which they are not allowed to do.