+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Early arrival before attending university

yomori

Jun 2, 2019
Markham
Category........
CEC
Hi

I need your help with my concern on applying for PR. I'm applying for PR this July but I'm worried about my study record.

I finished my first degree in Japan in March 2016, and I came to Canada right after my graduation (end of March). My second degree in Canada started from September 2016 until April 2018.

When I came back to Canada, I got my study permit even though I had 5 months blank until my second degree started. But after September 2016, I attended school as a full-time student for 4 semesters. Will this be a serious concern for the immigration officer and be an enough reason to reject my PR application since I didn't attend school more than 90 days??

I look forward to hearing your advice.

Last edited:

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Hi

I need your help with my concern on applying for PR. I'm applying for PR this July but I'm worried about my study record.

I finished my first degree in Japan in March 2016, and I came to Canada right after my graduation (end of March). My second degree in Canada started from September 2016 until April 2018.

When I came back to Canada, I got my study permit even though I had 5 months blank until my second degree started. But after September 2016, I attended school as a full-time student for 4 semesters. Will this be a serious concern for the immigration officer and be an enough reason to reject my PR application since I didn't attend school more than 90 days??

should not be a problem just put wha you where doing for that time period before school dont leave any time line blank and you should be fine..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

What have you been doing since January 2017? When you don’t attend school the school reports you and your permit gets cancelled. Have you been staying in Canada with no status since then?

yomori

Jun 2, 2019
Markham
Category........
CEC
What have you been doing since January 2017? When you don’t attend school the school reports you and your permit gets cancelled. Have you been staying in Canada with no status since then?
Thx for your answer. I started my second degree in September 2016 and attended Fall and Winter semester 2016, and Fall and Winter semester 2017 as well. So I completed my degree in April 2018.

yomori

Jun 2, 2019
Markham
Category........
CEC
should not be a problem just put wha you where doing for that time period before school dont leave any time line blank and you should be fine..
Thanks for your answer.
I'm glad to hear that shouldn't be a problem.

But when I submit my application for PR, how should I explain about the time between March 2016 to September 2016? I plan to say sightseeing and hang out with friends.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
Thanks for your answer.
I'm glad to hear that shouldn't be a problem.

But when I submit my application for PR, how should I explain about the time between March 2016 to September 2016? I plan to say sightseeing and hang out with friends.
What was your status in Canada at the time of not studying.

for me i put Visitor, and then after visitor i put Refugee Claimant, ETC so what was your legal status in Canada at the time. if you had your study permit at that time then your status was student but yu where not going to school then Put Tourist.. Aighseeing and hanging with friends is actually not a status or go to a centre that help people fill out application and ask them the best thing to put there.