+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eAPR got rejected because of PCC

sbasra

Mar 6, 2023
Today I got rejection for my eAPR submitted last month. They have mentioned the reason The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in India. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in India from 2013/05/05 to 2023/05/05.
I got shifted to my current place after marriage and I have been living in chandigarh from last 4 years and submitted PCC only from 2019 to 2023.
But they want data for since 2013 but I stayed in PG's in those last years.

What to do next?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Today I got rejection for my eAPR submitted last month. They have mentioned the reason The Police certificate from India that you provided with your application is not acceptable as it does not cover the full period of time spent in India. You have indicated in your address/personal history that you resided in India from 2013/05/05 to 2023/05/05.
I got shifted to my current place after marriage and I have been living in chandigarh from last 4 years and submitted PCC only from 2019 to 2023.
But they want data for since 2013 but I stayed in PG's in those last years.

What to do next?
I was in university around that time too. But it doesn't matter. I listed hostel addresses (not the specific room, I couldn't recall it, but the building name) in my address history. It worked fine for me.

Also, how is your PCC connected to your address before 2019(not sure if there was a part here that I'm not being able to recollect)?

Did you not provide the address information before 2019 under address history?

sbasra

Mar 6, 2023
I provided information in address history from 2011 to present date. this time span covers my job locations (temp addresses).
But PCC has defined only time from 2019 to 2023.

I think I missed the PCC from my birth year to 2019? or '2011 to 2019'
or as they have asked for last 10 years.. Out of which I have provided 2019 to 2023.

But my passport address proofs that I am chandigarh resident. So PCC built on that info.
How can I get PCC for my hometown prior to marriage?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I provided information in address history from 2011 to present date. this time span covers my job locations (temp addresses).
But PCC has defined only time from 2019 to 2023.

I think I missed the PCC from my birth year to 2019? or '2011 to 2019'
or as they have asked for last 10 years.. Out of which I have provided 2019 to 2023.

But my passport address proofs that I am chandigarh resident. So PCC built on that info.
How can I get PCC for my hometown prior to marriage?
There's only one PCC. IIRC, the PSK form doesn't even ask for address history for PCC - they only ask current address.

Not sure I am missing anything else. PCC form was really basic and didn't ask for any of that info.

Did you receive your PCC from a local police station or from PSK?

sbasra

Mar 6, 2023
I got the same from PSK and for current address only for duration i am living there after marriage.

Bisht

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
I got the same from PSK and for current address only for duration i am living there after marriage.
What purpose did you select when you applied for PCC.

The PCC I got from PSK, (Ahmedabad) India doesn't not have any time period mentioned. I guess they have prescribed format in which they issue PCC. I was in Jaipur from 2011 to 2019. Moved to Ahmedabad 2019-2023. Time period is nowhere mentioned in the PPC nor it was asked from me when i applied for it.

Bisht

Star Member
Feb 23, 2022
What was your purpose that you selected while applying for PCC? My purpose was "permanent resident". You did not select any wrong purpose did you?

And am Sorry. I do not know any recourse to this. You should enter the EE pool again at the earliest.

sbasra

Mar 6, 2023
One more query

My husband stayed in Norway for 6 months. Would he need pcc from norway? And what is the process

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
What was your purpose that you selected while applying for PCC? My purpose was "permanent resident". You did not select any wrong purpose did you?

And am Sorry. I do not know any recourse to this. You should enter the EE pool again at the earliest.
The reason I selected for my PCC was "Purposes other than immigration" as I did PCC months before I received my ITA.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
One more query

My husband stayed in Norway for 6 months. Would he need pcc from norway? And what is the process
Yes. Reference: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Get the police certificates you need
You must include police certificates when you apply for permanent residence.

Our online system will ask for a police certificate for:

• you and your family members who are 18 years or older
  • and
  • every country you (or a family member) stayed in during the last 10 years for 6 months or more in a row

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Is it possible to post your PCC here blocking personal info? PCC from India (obtained from PSK) do not include time periods, marital status or residing address.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
One more query

Yes, he would require a PCC. The IRCC website provides all the info on how to apply for each country's PCC and what options to choose if that's critical.
It is rather unfortunate that the application was rejected, all the supporting documents are critical and has to be provided as requested by IRCC.