+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Each applicant needs police clearance certificate?

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
calvin1998 said:
But what if one member is an overstayer in the US?

To quote you:

calvin1998 said:
I hope the lawyer was right as well. Actually two lawyers told me the same thing.
So, two lawyers have told you that your immigration scenario is do-able. These lawyers know exactly what they are talking about as they deal with these types of situation successfully. If that were not the case, they would have told you so.

Do you think they told you that just because they want your money? Please don’t think like that because Canadian lawyers, just like U.S. lawyers, are held accountable by their bar association under principles of professional ethics /responsibility, and they cannot afford to misinform clients since they would only be jeopardizing their license to practice. No lawyer worth his or her salt would do that. And, if one of those lawyers that you contacted happen to be David Cohen at Canadavisa.com; and you are still doubting him, then the ball is now entirely in your court.

See next post for FBI card's information fields.

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
calvin1998 said:
Well, on the FBI fingerprinting card, as an applicant who is applying for Canadian immigration, you should fill out what pertains to Canadian immigration as outlined below.

As you can see, there’s nothing below that asks for your current U.S. status. You are of course required to indicate things like your country of citizenship, your place of birth, and your passport number. This is because you have already sent these to CIC and they have to match your identity as well for fingerprinting purposes.

When your partner goes in for the actual fingerprinting at a fingerprinting company, he only has to show his current, unexpired passport as proof of his identification. So far, non-immigrants have completed this form, and have had successful positive criminal checks from the FBI without incidence. Why would it be different in your partner’s case?

1. Last Name: DOE
2. First Name: JOHN
3. Middle Name: GOODLY
4. Signature of Person Fingerprinted: signature
5. Residence of Person Fingerprinted: Current Address in U.S. to send record check
6. Date: 08/31/2007
7. Reason Fingerprinted: CANADA IMMIGRATION
8. Citizenship: NEW ZEALAND /Partner’s country of Citizenship
9. Miscellaneous No.: FP 00998811 /your partner’s current passport number
(to verify, check page 2 /back of card, instructions, # 4; FP stands for Foreign Passport).

10. *censored word*: M / F
11. Race: BL / WH / HS / AS
12. HGT: 6’ 10”
13. WGT: 160 Ibs
14. Eyes: BLK / BLU / GRN / BRWN / HZL
15. Hair: BLK / BLND / BRUN / RED /
16. Place of Birth POB: Wellington, New Zealand
17. Date of Birth DOB: 01 01 1945

The following items on the card does not really apply to Canada immigration for an applicant, to include those who are non-U.S. citizens, or non-permanent residents; so you leave blank:

Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints
Employer and Address - (Usually filled in for Employment background checks)
Aliases AKA
Your No. OCA
FBI No. FBI
ARMED FORCES NO. MNU
Social Security Number SOC
And of course, the 3 different areas in which they ask you to leave blank – two at the top and one below.

calvin1998

Jun 28, 2007
To quote you:

calvin1998 said:
I hope the lawyer was right as well. Actually two lawyers told me the same thing.
[/quote]

So, two lawyers have told you that your immigration scenario is do-able. These lawyers know exactly what they are talking about as they deal with these types of situation successfully. If that were not the case, they would have told you so.

Do you think they told you that just because they want your money? Please don’t think like that because Canadian lawyers, just like U.S. lawyers, are held accountable by their bar association under principles of professional ethics /responsibility, and they cannot afford to misinform clients since they would only be jeopardizing their license to practice. No lawyer worth his or her salt would do that. And, if one of those lawyers that you contacted happen to be David Cohen at Canadavisa.com; and you are still doubting him, then the ball is now entirely in your court.

See next post for FBI card's information fields.
[/quote]

I don't understand why you are taking an old quote of mine here. My worry was as it regards the US government, not Canada.

calvin1998

Jun 28, 2007
Libra said:
calvin1998 said:
Well, on the FBI fingerprinting card, as an applicant who is applying for Canadian immigration, you should fill out what pertains to Canadian immigration as outlined below.

As you can see, there’s nothing below that asks for your current U.S. status. You are of course required to indicate things like your country of citizenship, your place of birth, and your passport number. This is because you have already sent these to CIC and they have to match your identity as well for fingerprinting purposes.

When your partner goes in for the actual fingerprinting at a fingerprinting company, he only has to show his current, unexpired passport as proof of his identification. So far, non-immigrants have completed this form, and have had successful positive criminal checks from the FBI without incidence. Why would it be different in your partner’s case?

1. Last Name: DOE
2. First Name: JOHN
3. Middle Name: GOODLY
4. Signature of Person Fingerprinted: signature
5. Residence of Person Fingerprinted: Current Address in U.S. to send record check
6. Date: 08/31/2007
7. Reason Fingerprinted: CANADA IMMIGRATION
8. Citizenship: NEW ZEALAND /Partner’s country of Citizenship
9. Miscellaneous No.: FP 00998811 /your partner’s current passport number
(to verify, check page 2 /back of card, instructions, # 4; FP stands for Foreign Passport).

10. *censored word*: M / F
11. Race: BL / WH / HS / AS
12. HGT: 6’ 10”
13. WGT: 160 Ibs
14. Eyes: BLK / BLU / GRN / BRWN / HZL
15. Hair: BLK / BLND / BRUN / RED /
16. Place of Birth POB: Wellington, New Zealand
17. Date of Birth DOB: 01 01 1945

The following items on the card does not really apply to Canada immigration for an applicant, to include those who are non-U.S. citizens, or non-permanent residents; so you leave blank:

Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints
Employer and Address - (Usually filled in for Employment background checks)
Aliases AKA
Your No. OCA
FBI No. FBI
ARMED FORCES NO. MNU
Social Security Number SOC
And of course, the 3 different areas in which they ask you to leave blank – two at the top and one below.
Thank you so much once again for giving me peace of mind. I was so afraid of what the US govt would do. As long as we are safe in the US until we go to Canada that is all I am concerned about.

As I stated before, Libra, you are really a God-send on this forum. I really appreciate your advice. It is always welll though-out, consistent, and understandable.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
How do I go about getting my fingerprints for my FBI Clearance in the U.S.?

Will I have to go to the precinct or can I go to a private agency?