Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
I'm able to rent a place. It's through an agent, I haven't met the owner.

Agent told me the rental agreement will be e-signed. What exactly is that? And how would I present a formal copy of the rental agreement (for address proof on anything)?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Have you physically seen the place? If you have and you like it then go ahead. The agent is acting on behalf of the landlord.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
wyho007 said:
I'm able to rent a place. It's through an agent, I haven't met the owner.

Agent told me the rental agreement will be e-signed. What exactly is that? And how would I present a formal copy of the rental agreement (for address proof on anything)?
You will be directed to a link which will open a rental agreement in pdf format. Go through each and every paragraph of rental agreement before digitally signing it ( you will just need to click , or enter name , date etc online). After signing you can download the pdf and save it on computer.

bubulici

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
wyho007 said:
And how would I present a formal copy of the rental agreement (for address proof on anything)?
Just some heads up, based on my own previous experience last year. While e-signing contracts (from rental to purchase) is perfectly valid & legal and all that, you are likely to face issues with using that as proof of address. Because you see, most of procedures and mentality at these government offices (Service Ontario, for example) are still stuck in the 80s or 90s. They will likely tell you that is not valid and you should come with "original" (i.e., actual ink signatures). I for one had that issue in 2016; tried at 2 different offices, same outcome.

Should this happen to you, you can either chase the agent/landlord for a hardcopy or do what I did.. wait for first bank statement (or some other similar document) bearing the new address.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Signing online rental agreements is convenient and legal. Request a hard copy of the contract just in case old school authorities ask for a hard copy.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
bubulici said:
Just some heads up, based on my own previous experience last year. While e-signing contracts (from rental to purchase) is perfectly valid & legal and all that, you are likely to face issues with using that as proof of address. Because you see, most of procedures and mentality at these government offices (Service Ontario, for example) are still stuck in the 80s or 90s. They will likely tell you that is not valid and you should come with "original" (i.e., actual ink signatures). I for one had that issue in 2016; tried at 2 different offices, same outcome.

Should this happen to you, you can either chase the agent/landlord for a hardcopy or do what I did.. wait for first bank statement (or some other similar document) bearing the new address.
While Service Ontario could reject the e-signed agreement, you could use the tenant insurance certificate as proof of residence.

Note than Ontario Driver License do not require proof of residence (at least I wasn't asked for it in 3 different occasions) and you can use this Ontario Driver license as proof of residency

Yeah, it doesn't makes sense for me, but Ontario Driver License doesn't require proof of address (but better have it, just in case)

wyho007

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-05-2016
File Transfer...
30-05-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 14-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR rec'd 04-02-2017
bubulici said:

I'm in BC, not sure how "valid" an e-sign contract is. Guess will find out soon.

AITP

Mar 20, 2017
E-sign is like you will acknowledge to read all the documents and agreed to terms and conditions