+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duties on Letter of Employment! NOC 1241

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi Guys, I am working as an administrative assistant. I am trying to generate a letter that is close to the criteria. Please have a look and provide me some suggestion. Appreciate it!
Please also give me some idea of how to make sure my duties describe a administrative assistant well.
*The black part is the criteria on NOC and red is my description

• Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
    • Key in quotations for clients including Signage Distribution List, Emergency Planning and Signage Provision.
    • Proofread invoices for Fire Safety Planning, Fire Safety Plaques, Fire Extinguishers, signage ext.
  • Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
o Receive mails and send mails. Keep an record on mail and send them to appropriate employee/employer

• Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
    • Remind employer appointments on time to prevent them from being late
  • Order office supplies and maintain inventory
    • Report and help to order office supplies (eg. pens, binders and stamps)
  • Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
    • Communicate with clients, suppliers and graphic designers by emails
    • Sending Fire Safety Plan with Vital Building Information, Submission form and Pre-Incident Plan to appropriate Fire Department by emails.
  • Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
    • Maintain filing systems based on numerical order for projects with their civic address on computer
    • For accomplished projects, keep a filing system based on city and street name
  • Determine and establish office procedures
    • Establish the office procedure including checking voicemails and email on time, refill ink and paper for printer etc.
  • Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
    • Greet clients who drop by in office and direct them to employer if necessary
  • Record and prepare minutes of meetings [N/A]
  • Arrange travel schedules and make reservations [N/A]
  • May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
    • Revise minor errors on floor plan using AutoCAD before sending it to client for their review/approval
    • When receiving invitation to quote, sort out floor plan from architectural drawing for employer to consider.
  • May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.[N/A]
  • May organize conferences [N/A]

Last edited:
Reactions: Rt001