+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duties of two reference letter very similar, is it a concern? NOC 2133

laizii

Jun 4, 2014
Hi,

I worked for two employers before. The content of the jobs are kind of similar. I am a circuit designer. Simply put, I design different kinds of circuits for the two employers. But the design flow and process are very similar (that's why I get hired by the second employer).

As a results, the two reference letter provided by the two employers are very similar. No matter how I tweak the letters, the duties always look similar (because the job content is similar...). Now is this a concern for authenticity for the letters?

Thanks a lot!

J

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
laizii said:
Hi,

I worked for two employers before. The content of the jobs are kind of similar. I am a circuit designer. Simply put, I design different kinds of circuits for the two employers. But the design flow and process are very similar (that's why I get hired by the second employer).

As a results, the two reference letter provided by the two employers are very similar. No matter how I tweak the letters, the duties always look similar (because the job content is similar...). Now is this a concern for authenticity for the letters?

Thanks a lot!

J
No. It's not really a concern as long as it's not a verbatim copy paste. You did what your did afterall! Also, if they were really written by two people, then there would be differences in the style of writing.

laizii

Jun 4, 2014
The signature is different. But I myself prepare the letter and have the signer to review and sign. Therefore, the writing structure and choice of wording, and writing style is also similar... Do you see this a concern? Or am I being overly cautious

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
laizii said:
The signature is different. But I myself prepare the letter and have the signer to review and sign. Therefore, the writing structure and choice of wording, and writing style is also similar... Do you see this a concern? Or am I being overly cautious
I think it would be a problem if it looks like both letters were written by the same person. That would be a fraud actually if found. Why don't you give your letter or the pointers to the person signing it and ask them to write in their own words?

catchtinu1

Jun 5, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2014
I have same concern too

rb107f

May 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
laizii said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot!

J
As long as you can support your claims for the 2 companies you have worked on you are safe. For my case, I submitted other documents like tax slips, pay slips and employment contract