+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

during the stay in canada student visa can be P.R.?

markthomas

Mar 28, 2009
hi,

My friend he Want to marry a girl who is from other Country came here in Student Visa..till 2011 she can be here..if he marry her she is Eligible to get Sponsor..he just want to know which is best ..when she is in canada to apply or outside canada... If it is inside canada she can get P.R. with in 2011..No Need to go out of Canada Am i right?

Help me anybody if yes they can get marry by Next Year...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your friend is a citizen or PR?

If they get married, they need to prove to immigration that their relationship is legitimate. They can list the girl as living in Canada (inland application) and the application will be processed in Canada but it takes longer that way and it's not advised to travel while it's in process.

They could also list her as not living in Canada (outland application) and ask for the application to be processed in the US (because she's on a Canada visa) or in her homeland. It's usually faster that way but she might have to go there for an interview.

In any case, she can stay in Canada. The application should be done before 2011.

P.C.

Mar 20, 2009
markthomas said:
hi,

My friend he Want to marry a girl who is from other Country came here in Student Visa..till 2011 she can be here..if he marry her she is Eligible to get Sponsor..he just want to know which is best ..when she is in canada to apply or outside canada... If it is inside canada she can get P.R. with in 2011..No Need to go out of Canada Am i right?

Help me anybody if yes they can get marry by Next Year...
Does he plan to divorce her too when she gets her PR?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/after-enter-to-canada-can-apply-divorce-t16984.0.html