+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duration of stay for visitor visa

Jogi

Nov 11, 2015
Hi everyone,

I came to Canada on 1st march 2016....my visitor visa is valid for 5 years. On arrival the officer just stamped my passport with arrival date but no other date or limit.

I heard they normally write a return date on your passport or give you a document which mentions about your stay in canada.
I got none of these. ....just an entry stamp.

Could you please help as no date is mentioned...do I need this document from the officer or is it not so important.

If no return date is specified does it means I can stay for 6 months?

Thx alot guys....your help is appreciated.

Jogi

Nov 11, 2015
Thanks dear

Just another small question
In the immigration form I mentioned my stay for 28 days,
Can I stay easily for 6 months or is my stay restricted.

Thanks again

markarbet

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
Hey,

You should double check on stamp in your passport. It has to show the final date in Canada. For example, you entered to Canada on Feb 28, your final date stamp in passport will indicate Aug 28.

sokosan

Aug 6, 2015
No it doesn't. If the exit date is not shown, i.e. the bar below the entry date is empty, it means 6 months from the entry date. This is what happens for most people visiting.

Jogi

Nov 11, 2015
Thanks everyone

I did check with CIC regarding my question

If no date is mentioned you can stay upto 6 months.

Does anyone knows about spouse open work permit

Thx

kamee79

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2010
Doc's Request.
01-03-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
hey Jogi, few questions, My parents are coming to Canada on the 13th of March on Visit visa. Any specific instructions you want to share which they should know?

Also, on arrival, will the immigration ask that how much money they are carrying with them? Do they need any medical tests before coming?

Jogi

Nov 11, 2015
Hey congrats,

They surely gonna ask how long they intend to stay and where will they stay.

Medical I don't know as I came from Europe.
Normally they don't ask much to elder people as compared to young ones.

All the best

julieneuls167

Mar 13, 2016
Hey , I have a small question.

My mom will come here as her first time in April. I booked the flight ticket is 5 months for her and my mom.doesn't speak English, I also write the explanation letter for her to show the custom officer. Do you think 5 months as I booked for the round trip.will be a problem when she comes to the custom ?