+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duplicate Payment requested by CIC

cosmo zhou

Aug 21, 2020
Hi all,

My wife's PR has been approved yesterday under spousal sponsorship.

we submitted the spousal sponsorship in 2020 Feb, and I paid a total of $ 1380 CAD with a receipt attaching the paper application, include the Sponsorship fee($75), principal applicant processing fee (475), right of permanent residence fee($490), Biometrics fee($85) as well as work permit fee ($155) open work permit holder fee ($100). I dont have the exact fees of these payments separately. that's all I remember. So I paid a total of $1380 for sure in Feb 2020.

I received an email from CIC in Feb 2021 that said that I need to pay the right of permanent residence fee($500, increase $10 in Dec 2020) before the final decision. I wrote a message from the CIC webform right away and told them that I had paid the fees including the right of permanent residence fee, and I gave the receipt number and also attached my receipt of the $1380 payment. However, they sent me a request letter again in March 2021 and told me to pay the right of permanent residence fee again!

To not delay my application, I paid the right of permanent residence fee ($500) at the end of March. Yesterday, I got approval from the CIC.

Is that possible to get a refund from them? they are not accepting the phone call during the lockdown. Do I write a message through the CIC webform and ask for a refund? is that will affect the approved permanent resident status?

Thanks in advance for your time and answer.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi all,

My wife's PR has been approved yesterday under spousal sponsorship.

we submitted the spousal sponsorship in 2020 Feb, and I paid a total of $ 1380 CAD with a receipt attaching the paper application, include the Sponsorship fee($75), principal applicant processing fee (475), right of permanent residence fee($490), Biometrics fee($85) as well as work permit fee ($155) open work permit holder fee ($100). I dont have the exact fees of these payments separately. that's all I remember. So I paid a total of $1380 for sure in Feb 2020.

I received an email from CIC in Feb 2021 that said that I need to pay the right of permanent residence fee($500, increase $10 in Dec 2020) before the final decision. I wrote a message from the CIC webform right away and told them that I had paid the fees including the right of permanent residence fee, and I gave the receipt number and also attached my receipt of the $1380 payment. However, they sent me a request letter again in March 2021 and told me to pay the right of permanent residence fee again!

To not delay my application, I paid the right of permanent residence fee ($500) at the end of March. Yesterday, I got approval from the CIC.

Is that possible to get a refund from them? they are not accepting the phone call during the lockdown. Do I write a message through the CIC webform and ask for a refund? is that will affect the approved permanent resident status?

Thanks in advance for your time and answer.
You suppose to have both receipt on your IRCC payment account, just ask for a refund because of duplication.

cosmo zhou

Aug 21, 2020
You suppose to have both receipt on your IRCC payment account, just ask for a refund because of duplication.
Thanks! I just check my payment, the problem is I use my email to pay the first payment, which is 1380 CAD.

and I use my wife's email to pay the second payment 500CAD.

still, could I ask for a refund by providing these two email payments?

Thanks

cosmo zhou

Aug 21, 2020
Thanks! I just check my payment, the problem is I use my email to pay the first payment, which is 1380 CAD.

and I use my wife's email to pay the second payment 500CAD.

still, could I ask for a refund by providing these two email payments?

Thanks
I use the same credit card and my name shown on the receipts. Is that help?

frange

May 25, 2018
You have both receipts in pdf with a number for both. Just send a formal request via web form with 2 receipts as attachments to show the over payment and request the reimbursement for the extra money. It will be sent to the credit card that you used to make the payment.

1- Start the reimbursement process by clicking on reimbursement on the account that you use to make the first payment. According to what you explained, they use the new payment that you've made, not the first one. The email is not that important, it doesn't matter.

2-Send a formal reimbursement request via webform , include both receipts as attachments , explain that you make an over payment and you want the extra money back. It is going to take time to process and you will be reimbursed at the end. You have to describe the situation and the reason of reimbursement request.

Nobody is able to explain what is doing behind the desk and what the outcome will be.

Reactions: cosmo zhou

cosmo zhou

Aug 21, 2020
You have both receipts in pdf with a number for both. Just send a formal request via web form with 2 receipts as attachments to show the over payment and request the reimbursement for the extra money. It will be sent to the credit card that you used to make the payment.

1- Start the reimbursement process by clicking on reimbursement on the account that you use to make the first payment. According to what you explained, they use the new payment that you've made, not the first one. The email is not that important, it doesn't matter.

2-Send a formal reimbursement request via webform , include both receipts as attachments , explain that you make an over payment and you want the extra money back. It is going to take time to process and you will be reimbursed at the end. You have to describe the situation and the reason of reimbursement request.

Nobody is able to explain what is doing behind the desk and what the outcome will be.
Thanks for your time, I really appreciate your help. I will try to use the webform to get the money back,

Reactions: frange