+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DUI

Avinashsk

Nov 14, 2019
I pleaded guilty to DUI charge in 2018 and now i am looking for options that can help me overcome admissibility issue.
It is the only offense in the last 6 years i have been in Canada, I have a daughter who is Canadian citizen and a boy in grade 4. I was being exploited by my employer so had to quit the job, I have told immigration about everything but due to DUI they refused me the open work permit for vulnerable people. Now CBSA has taken my passport and issued me deportation order. I have applied for PRRA and wait on it. I was sent a confirmation letter this week that my PR has been approved and a day later i was told that it was issued in error. I have applied for TRP but have not received confirmation from Edmonton. I have applied for PRRA work permit as well and waiting on it. I am also trying to see if i can get the guilty verdict vacated. I am also working on sending an application for clemency. I have applied for pardon for dui which is due in about 2 years. My question is, is there something else that I can do to o overcome admissibility issue. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I pleaded guilty to DUI charge in 2018 and now i am looking for options that can help me overcome admissibility issue.
It is the only offense in the last 6 years i have been in Canada, I have a daughter who is Canadian citizen and a boy in grade 4. I was being exploited by my employer so had to quit the job, I have told immigration about everything but due to DUI they refused me the open work permit for vulnerable people. Now CBSA has taken my passport and issued me deportation order. I have applied for PRRA and wait on it. I was sent a confirmation letter this week that my PR has been approved and a day later i was told that it was issued in error. I have applied for TRP but have not received confirmation from Edmonton. I have applied for PRRA work permit as well and waiting on it. I am also trying to see if i can get the guilty verdict vacated. I am also working on sending an application for clemency. I have applied for pardon for dui which is due in about 2 years. My question is, is there something else that I can do to o overcome admissibility issue. Thank you
The only think I can add is to make sure you are working with a very good immigration lawyer for the PRRA & TRP - and with a criminal lawyer for anything related to the pardon. The PR application approval was definitely issued in error. The fact they have withdrawn this makes sense unfortunately. Good luck.

NikitaLisbon

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
Heeey please help, what happend with your situation, I. On the same boat please help