+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Due to COVID-19 cannot land and the COPR Expired

prao2511

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi All,

This is regarding my spouse PR. I have applied for family class PR in April 2019.
She came to canada in Jan as a visitor and on March 10 we received Passport request and got our passports back and the COPR expiry date was 13th may 2020.

Now due to coronovirus all the land borders were closed and cannot do a flag poling and inland landing offices were closed.

We have sent multiple webform and when talking to the customer service agent they told we have forwarded your situation to the responsible visa office which is OTTAWA.

After that there is no updates and when checking the online account our copr document states expired.

What could be the next possible steps would happen ?

Is there anyone in this situation and what would be next steps for us to do?

Please suggest me

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

This is regarding my spouse PR. I have applied for family class PR in April 2019.
She came to canada in Jan as a visitor and on March 10 we received Passport request and got our passports back and the COPR expiry date was 13th may 2020.

Now due to coronovirus all the land borders were closed and cannot do a flag poling and inland landing offices were closed.

We have sent multiple webform and when talking to the customer service agent they told we have forwarded your situation to the responsible visa office which is OTTAWA.

After that there is no updates and when checking the online account our copr document states expired.

Please suggest me
You just have to wait. IRCC will eventually reopen the app so she can land or possibly just land her remotely without doing anything. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html#Approved_permanent_residence

Make sure to extend her visitor status prior to expiry so that she remains legally in Canada.

ELlouise

Sep 10, 2015
Hi All,

Please suggest me
Any updates on your COPR?

prao2511

Star Member
May 3, 2019