+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dubai PCC guidance

Prashant2807

Apr 18, 2019
I have stayed Dubai on Long Term Visit visa twice, my total stay was of around 179 days (2 trips, 3Months each). Do I need to get PCC from UAE embassy for Canadian PR(Express entry)?
If yes, how should I start it as I have read at many places Dubai/UAE provide PCC only to Emirates ID holders.

mowaiskhalid

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
I have stayed Dubai on Long Term Visit visa twice, my total stay was of around 179 days (2 trips, 3Months each). Do I need to get PCC from UAE embassy for Canadian PR(Express entry)?
If yes, how should I start it as I have read at many places Dubai/UAE provide PCC only to Emirates ID holders.
As per the rules, you would not need it as you need to be living in a country for continuous period of 6 months. The system will generate a checklist and it will not be required. However, VO might raise ADR for it so better to have it with you and send with the application in the LOE field.

My wife has similar case with UK. The checklist did not ask for it, however, the VO raised an ADR. Fortunately, for me it only took 4 extra days as I uploaded it at the same time as the email and got PPR email the next working day CIC was open. 5 extra days were due to Easter holidays I think.

Reactions: Prashant2807

Prashant2807

Apr 18, 2019
As per the rules, you would not need it as you need to be living in a country for continuous period of 6 months. The system will generate a checklist and it will not be required. However, VO might raise ADR for it so better to have it with you and send with the application in the LOE field.

My wife has similar case with UK. The checklist did not ask for it, however, the VO raised an ADR. Fortunately, for me it only took 4 extra days as I uploaded it at the same time as the email and got PPR email the next working day CIC was open. 5 extra days were due to Easter holidays I think.
Thanks a lot. :)