No
Passport Req..
31-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2012
LANDED..........
21-06-2012
Ali78 said:
Finally today got visa stamped and COPR. Thanks to all forum members and I wish and pray that you all too soon get the good news.
Mabrook

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
I was wandering is it possible to take my 4 wheel from Dubai to Canada without tax or duty in case that I forgot to mention it in my Goods to follow list perhaps vehicle is in my name from last 3years.
anyway out? is it worth?

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Chandigarh, Punjab, India
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
ummi said:
I was wandering is it possible to take my 4 wheel from Dubai to Canada without tax or duty in case that I forgot to mention it in my Goods to follow list perhaps vehicle is in my name from last 3years.
anyway out? is it worth?
They dont allow cars from other nations. Canadian cars are specific as per their whether conditions. Please see the following link

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/motorvehiclesafety/safevehicles-importation-other-than-index-446.htm

nekeol

Champion Member
Nov 7, 2012
Waterloo region, Ontario
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London/Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
App. Filed.......
25/9/2011
Doc's Request.
21/11/12
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
19/12/2013, after BGC
Med's Done....
7/1/2014
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
02/02/2014 - DM 11/2/14
VISA ISSUED...
14/02/2014
LANDED..........
Alhamdolillah Landed July 2014/Citizenship Applied in JAN 2018
Ali78 said:
Finally today got visa stamped and COPR. Thanks to all forum members and I wish and pray that you all too soon get the good news.
ali78 Mubarakaan dear

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Dear All Forum members

many thanks for your wishes and I sincerely pray to ALLAH that all of you get the good news of visa stamp on your passport soon.

Anyone who got recently COPR?

We got photocopy type of page (white paper/black ink) and our original photos stapled on it. Aren't they giving orginals or colour copies? Mine was received from Abudhabi embassy. Any suggestion can be helpful on this from those who have got it already.

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Ali78 said:
many congrats to you. when r u planning to move and which city in canada? I am also waiting for my passports back . as per E-cas it is showing status as decision made.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ali78 said:
Dear All Forum members

many thanks for your wishes and I sincerely pray to ALLAH that all of you get the good news of visa stamp on your passport soon.

Anyone who got recently COPR?

We got photocopy type of page (white paper/black ink) and our original photos stapled on it. Aren't they giving orginals or colour copies? Mine was received from Abudhabi embassy. Any suggestion can be helpful on this from those who have got it already.
They are BW printouts. I was also expecting something a little more colorful. :D

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Rahul Dutta said:
many congrats to you. when r u planning to move and which city in canada? I am also waiting for my passports back . as per E-cas it is showing status as decision made.
Thanks Rahul, I am planning (initially) for mississauga.

In my case, it was somehow surprising. My E-CAS was "in process" even after PPR and changed to decision made later.

So what happens after decision made in E-CAS. I think after stamp or landing it gets changed to "COMPLETED"?

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
akbardxb said:
They are BW printouts. I was also expecting something a little more colorful. :D
I guess they are saving tax payers money as its more costly to print colorful pages? ;)

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Freinds:

The reality of Canada dream: source: www(dot)canadianimmigrant(dot)ca

Weight of immigration: Canadian dream and reality
By Bala S. Sinnathamby
January 4, 2012
In a slow-moving express bus bound for Don Mills Station, I was comfortably seated in a single seat row, but I could not stop thinking of the sense of weight on me from the document folder that I carried. I felt it was heavy — heavier than heavy. But what did it contain to be so heavy?

I was on my way home from a job fair at Scarborough Town Centre. A certificate of volunteer participation issued by the City of Toronto, a $5 gift certificate and a gift pack — I did not know what it contained — that was all that I held in that empty folder that weighed on me.

My heart felt heavy, too. What was happening to me? Was I going to faint? Oh, no — I am not that weak, after all; I am a strong-hearted person. But, then … what was happening to me?
I was just trying to recollect — it was exactly seven months and three weeks since I arrived at Pearson International Airport where my family and I enjoyed a red-carpet welcome as independent immigrants under a professional category.

After almost three years of snail’s-pace processing of our immigration application, we had finally arrived in our dreamland. I enjoyed the snowy winter confined to the basement and in the spring I attended a series of workshops and training programs with a view to learning the Canadian culture and preparing myself for my job search.

Thousands of jobs were posted on the internet, but, without Canadian experience, I just drew a blank. Now, my mind flashes back to what my immigration consultant who processed our application said to my wife and me. “Your two kids will get Canadianized in no time, but both of you will have a very tough time in Canada!” We appreciated his frank views, but, yet, decided to leave our motherland in the best interests of our two sons. We just wanted to focus on their education. That was that.

Then why should my heart feel so heavy now?

I volunteered for the first time in Canada at the job fair. My first Canadian experience! At least, the certificate that I carry in the folder says I have Canadian work experience, and that $5 gift certificate is in one way my first form of earnings in Canada — after all, it has its own monetary value and purchasing power. But what did that opportunity cost me? My entire lifetime savings that I expatriated to Canada have virtually been depleted. And, after seven months and three weeks, I have drawn a blank … nothing but a blank.

My dreams and expectations are now haunting me. It’s reality — nothing but harsh reality that has made my heart heavy. I wonder how long this feeling will last?

I narrowly missed my stop and quickly got off from the bus. It was pretty cold outside and I started to walk back home. My wife and kids were waiting for me, but my strides were slow and blundering. It was just a stone’s throw to reach home. I was trying to comfort myself before I reached it. Suddenly, my heart stopped feeling so heavy in my chest. But was it just vibrating? No, not my heart; Canada is vibrating with my dreams — my distant dreams!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Ali78 said:
Freinds:

By Bala S. Sinnathamby
January 4, 2012
In a slow-moving express bus bound for Don Mills Station, I was comfortably seated in a single seat row, but I could not stop thinking of the sense of weight on me from the document folder that I carried. I felt it was heavy — heavier than heavy. But what did it contain to be so heavy?

I was on my way home from a job fair at Scarborough Town Centre. A certificate of volunteer participation issued by the City of Toronto, a $5 gift certificate and a gift pack — I did not know what it contained — that was all that I held in that empty folder that weighed on me.

My heart felt heavy, too. What was happening to me? Was I going to faint? Oh, no — I am not that weak, after all; I am a strong-hearted person. But, then ... what was happening to me?
I was just trying to recollect — it was exactly seven months and three weeks since I arrived at Pearson International Airport where my family and I enjoyed a red-carpet welcome as independent immigrants under a professional category.

After almost three years of snail's-pace processing of our immigration application, we had finally arrived in our dreamland. I enjoyed the snowy winter confined to the basement and in the spring I attended a series of workshops and training programs with a view to learning the Canadian culture and preparing myself for my job search.

Thousands of jobs were posted on the internet, but, without Canadian experience, I just drew a blank. Now, my mind flashes back to what **spam** who processed our application said to my wife and me. “Your two kids will get Canadianized in no time, but both of you will have a very tough time in Canada!” We appreciated his frank views, but, yet, decided to leave our motherland in the best interests of our two sons. We just wanted to focus on their education. That was that.

I volunteered for the first time in Canada at the job fair. My first Canadian experience! At least, the certificate that I carry in the folder says I have Canadian work experience, and that $5 gift certificate is in one way my first form of earnings in Canada — after all, it has its own monetary value and purchasing power. But what did that opportunity cost me? My entire lifetime savings that I expatriated to Canada have virtually been depleted. And, after seven months and three weeks, I have drawn a blank ... nothing but a blank.

My dreams and expectations are now haunting me. It's reality — nothing but harsh reality that has made my heart heavy. I wonder how long this feeling will last?

I narrowly missed my stop and quickly got off from the bus. It was pretty cold outside and I started to walk back home. My wife and kids were waiting for me, but my strides were slow and blundering. It was just a stone's throw to reach home. I was trying to comfort myself before I reached it. Suddenly, my heart stopped feeling so heavy in my chest. But was it just vibrating? No, not my heart; Canada is vibrating with my dreams — my distant dreams!
This is a over a year old so it would be good to find out if there was a follow up on this or his situation has not changed since then.

Consider that you are going to land soon, not sure if you should be reading this and feeling demoralised.

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Ali78 said:
Freinds:

By Bala S. Sinnathamby
January 4, 2012

My heart felt heavy, too. What was happening to me? Was I going to faint? Oh, no — I am not that weak, after all; I am a strong-hearted person. But, then ... what was happening to me?

After almost three years of snail's-pace processing of our immigration application, we had finally arrived in our dreamland. I enjoyed the snowy winter confined to the basement and in the spring I attended a series of workshops and training programs with a view to learning the Canadian culture and preparing myself for my job search.

Thousands of jobs were posted on the internet, but, without Canadian experience, I just drew a blank. Now, my mind flashes back to what **spam** who processed our application said to my wife and me. “Your two kids will get Canadianized in no time, but both of you will have a very tough time in Canada!” We appreciated his frank views, but, yet, decided to leave our motherland in the best interests of our two sons. We just wanted to focus on their education. That was that.

I volunteered for the first time in Canada at the job fair. My first Canadian experience! At least, the certificate that I carry in the folder says I have Canadian work experience, and that $5 gift certificate is in one way my first form of earnings in Canada — after all, it has its own monetary value and purchasing power. But what did that opportunity cost me? My entire lifetime savings that I expatriated to Canada have virtually been depleted. And, after seven months and three weeks, I have drawn a blank ... nothing but a blank.

My dreams and expectations are now haunting me. It's reality — nothing but harsh reality that has made my heart heavy. I wonder how long this feeling will last?

I narrowly missed my stop and quickly got off from the bus. It was pretty cold outside and I started to walk back home. My wife and kids were waiting for me, but my strides were slow and blundering. It was just a stone's throw to reach home. I was trying to comfort myself before I reached it. Suddenly, my heart stopped feeling so heavy in my chest. But was it just vibrating? No, not my heart; Canada is vibrating with my dreams — my distant dreams!
So Ali, you have started to explore after visa stamping. My brother migrated to winnipeg 3 years back. He is not got job still upto his caliber and expectations, but he is still happy and earning normal.
But brother ,we have to look at the long run change in our lives.

SABKA MALIK EK - OM SAI

Ali78

Star Member
Apr 15, 2013
Canada
LANDED..........
20-Mar-2014
Fellows. The intention was not to demoralise but the present a general trend there and to prepare accordingly. With these type of things two things can happen:

1) Some might get demoralised
2) Other might get inspiration

I am encouraging no. 2.

Rahul Dutta

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
Med's Request
19-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
LANDED..........
Still not decided
Ali78 said:
Fellows. The intention was not to demoralise but the present a general trend there and to prepare accordingly. With these type of things two things can happen:

1) Some might get demoralised
2) Other might get inspiration

I am encouraging no. 2.
hahahahaha.. cover fire ali bhai