+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"DUBAI APPLICANTS" **Let's Network & Get Connected**

MasterBlaster

Sep 30, 2012
ASMB said:
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada in about a month and was wondering if it is advisable to purchase a Laptop here in Dubai, or get one in Canada. Usually there are good deals at GITEX.

I'm hoping some of the earlier Dubai based and now Canadian residents would have some advice/comments.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
ASMB

Check the websites of bestbuy, staples or futureshop to get an idea of laptop prices in Canada. But I know that the prices during the last 2 days of Gitex are really good!

On another note...are you resigning your job and coming here? Have you done enough research about your profile and industry? I landed in Jan'12 and till date i haven't landed in any job. Please do research from all sources and then take the right decision. This is my sincere advice, as I have suffered enough :( :(

SMSH

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Mississauga, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2010
Doc's Request.
19-10-2010
Nomination.....
19-10-2010
AOR Received.
11-06-2011
IELTS Request
11-06-2010
File Transfer...
11-06-2011
Med's Request
01-10-2013
Med's Done....
07-10-2013 valid until 09-07-2014
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
24-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-02-2014
LANDED..........
28-06-2014 Alhamdulillah
MasterBlaster said:
Check the websites of bestbuy, staples or futureshop to get an idea of laptop prices in Canada. But I know that the prices during the last 2 days of Gitex are really good!

On another note...are you resigning your job and coming here? Have you done enough research about your profile and industry? I landed in Jan'12 and till date i haven't landed in any job. Please do research from all sources and then take the right decision. This is my sincere advice, as I have suffered enough :( :(
Dear , What is your NOC/Profession please?

A

ASMB

MasterBlaster said:

Hi MasterBlaster,
Thanks for the advice.
Yes, I am coming for good. Have a job offer at hand and have done some research, but nevertheless, even if I didn't have a job I would still make this move. We as a family have decided that Canada is best for us and our child's future, and we will make it work. Ofcourse there will be hardships initially but I want to focus on the opportunities rather than the plausible lack of it.

I'm not aware what your desired profession is, and maybe it is much harder to find a job in your field. But fortunately I feel I have a few transferrable skills that will land me some job to begin with and get food on my table. Will invite guests for dinner gradually in a few years when we can afford to lay a bigger spread :)

ASMB

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
smiling_face said:
I have received my PPR through registered mail today, the letter is dated Sep 17.

Wishing all the best for everyone...getting MR and PPR soon!

smiling_face :)
Congratulations!!
Enjoy the moment and make the most out of it :)
Deeaar

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
ASMB said:
Hi,

I will be moving to Canada in about a month and was wondering if it is advisable to purchase a Laptop here in Dubai, or get one in Canada. Usually there are good deals at GITEX.

I'm hoping some of the earlier Dubai based and now Canadian residents would have some advice/comments.
Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
ASMB
Pls dont waste your money in UAE and add extra weight in ur luggage, you will get some awesome deals in Canada specially now its gonna be Festive season until Dec.
Loads of offers n promo and moreover it will be Canadian specification if u buy from Canada....Peace of Mind !!

ASMB i really liked your positive attitude, it will certainly take you places. This is exactly whats needed to be Successful in Canada.
Be flexible and tremendous will power & positive attitude...remember these and you will be Rocking in no time.

Cheers, Deeaar

MasterBlaster

Sep 30, 2012
ASMB said:
Hi MasterBlaster,
Thanks for the advice.
Yes, I am coming for good. Have a job offer at hand and have done some research, but nevertheless, even if I didn't have a job I would still make this move. We as a family have decided that Canada is best for us and our child's future, and we will make it work. Ofcourse there will be hardships initially but I want to focus on the opportunities rather than the plausible lack of it.

I'm not aware what your desired profession is, and maybe it is much harder to find a job in your field. But fortunately I feel I have a few transferrable skills that will land me some job to begin with and get food on my table. Will invite guests for dinner gradually in a few years when we can afford to lay a bigger spread :)

ASMB
Well..good for you since you have a offer in hand. But I really appreciate your positive attitude. That's what is needed to survive in Canada. In my case I had lots of those when I landed. Despite being CCIE certified and having tons of experience in Dubai and Bangalore, things have not fallen in place for me. Now there are two options left me me. Either relocate to Western Canada or return back to Dubai. My ex-employer has kept the doors open for me and so Dubai is still safer option. Anyways, I will wait until year end and then will decide accordingly.

Good luck Buddy. I really liked your last two sentences :D

mmiq

Oct 29, 2010
DUBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
0111 F/Manager
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/12
LANDED..........
FEB,2013
Canada probes citizenship fraud in Middle East
Hundreds in Middle East may be stripped of Canada citizenship

By Mick O’Reilly, Senior Associate Editor
Published: 16:07 October 1, 2012

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services65.
Image Credit: Reuters
Ottawa’s Immigration Minister Jason Kenney has vowed to strip thousands of their Canadian citizenship because they cheated on residency requirements, working in the Middle East while saying they lived in Canada.
Dubai: Several hundred UAE residents who may have obtained Canadian citizenship fraudulently are to be stripped of their second passport, Gulf News has learnt.

Ottawa believes that some 3,100 citizens, most from the Middle East or Gulf countries, have wrongly been granted citizenship because they gave inaccurate or fraudulent information about residency.

“There are several hundred cases from the UAE,” a Gulf News source with knowledge of the investigation confirmed yesterday. “It’s a cause for concern and the recent reports that most of those are from the Middle East or Gulf countries are accurate.”

Officials at the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi are tight-lipped on the issue, referring media inquiries in Ottawa.

Article continues below

Jason Kenney, Canada’s Minister for Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, is determined to ensure those who have obtained Canadian citizenship fraudulently, are stripped of their new passports.

But that in itself may take years and choke up the federal court system in Canada if the cases area opposed.

The issue is residence fraud — applicants for Canadian citizenship are supposed to live in Canada as permanent residents for more than three years. But Ottawa believes that the system is open to widespread abuse, with many applicants continuing to work across the Middle East while claiming to live in Canada.

Ottawa thinks nearly 11,000 individuals are potentially implicated in lying to apply for citizenship or maintain permanent resident status.

“We are applying the full strength of Canadian law to those who have obtained citizenship fraudulently,” said Kenney in a release from his ministry. “Canadian citizenship is not for sale. We are taking action to strip citizenship and permanent residence status from people who don’t play by the rules and who lie or cheat to become a Canadian citizen.”

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has called in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canada Border Services Agency to try and get to the bottom of the fraud, and it’s relying on help as well from Ottawa’s embassies and consular offices.

The investigation is also looking at some 5,000 people with permanent resident status in Canada who are known to be implicated in residence fraud.

The government has flagged these for additional scrutiny should they attempt to enter Canada or obtain citizenship.

The majority of these individuals are believed to be outside the country.

A common ruse is to use semi-legitimate agencies in Canada to lease apartments, pay electricity bills and keep money circulating in bank accounts — all to create the footprint of living in Canada to meet the residence requirements for citizenship.

In part, the investigation was spurred by many applicants having similar addresses, which aroused suspicion.

Permanent residents must reside in Canada for three years out of four years prior to applying for Canadian citizenship. To retain their status as permanent residents, they must be physically present in Canada for two out of five years with few exceptions.

The Mounties and the border agency have discovered cases where, for instance, a family of five may pay upwards of $25,000 (Dh90,000) to create the illusion of residence.

So far, Kenney’s ministry has helped federal officials remove or deny entry to more than 600 former permanent residents linked to the investigation. Another 500 applications for Canadian citizen applications have been rejected.

The clampdown has led to 1,800 applicants linked to the investigations abandoning their citizenship applications.

Part of the impetus for the investigation into fraudulently-obtained citizenships arose from the invasion of Israel into Lebanon against Hezbollah forces in 2007. The military operations led to widespread evacuations of foreign nations from Beirut. Canada leased ferries from Turkey to remove its citizens, but was surprised at the actual number of refugees who held both Canadian and Lebanese passports.

May2010applicant

May 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
April 2013
Passport Req..
January 2014
LANDED..........
January / February 2014
Interesting !!!

mmiq said:
Canada probes citizenship fraud in Middle East
Hundreds in Middle East may be stripped of Canada citizenship

By Mick O'Reilly, Senior Associate Editor
Published: 16:07 October 1, 2012

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services65.
Image Credit: Reuters
Ottawa's Immigration Minister Jason Kenney has vowed to strip thousands of their Canadian citizenship because they cheated on residency requirements, working in the Middle East while saying they lived in Canada.
Dubai: Several hundred UAE residents who may have obtained Canadian citizenship fraudulently are to be stripped of their second passport, Gulf News has learnt.

Ottawa believes that some 3,100 citizens, most from the Middle East or Gulf countries, have wrongly been granted citizenship because they gave inaccurate or fraudulent information about residency.

“There are several hundred cases from the UAE,” a Gulf News source with knowledge of the investigation confirmed yesterday. “It's a cause for concern and the recent reports that most of those are from the Middle East or Gulf countries are accurate.”

Officials at the Canadian embassy in Abu Dhabi are tight-lipped on the issue, referring media inquiries in Ottawa.

Article continues below

Jason Kenney, Canada's Minister for Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, is determined to ensure those who have obtained Canadian citizenship fraudulently, are stripped of their new passports.

But that in itself may take years and choke up the federal court system in Canada if the cases area opposed.

The issue is residence fraud — applicants for Canadian citizenship are supposed to live in Canada as permanent residents for more than three years. But Ottawa believes that the system is open to widespread abuse, with many applicants continuing to work across the Middle East while claiming to live in Canada.

Ottawa thinks nearly 11,000 individuals are potentially implicated in lying to apply for citizenship or maintain permanent resident status.

“We are applying the full strength of Canadian law to those who have obtained citizenship fraudulently,” said Kenney in a release from his ministry. “Canadian citizenship is not for sale. We are taking action to strip citizenship and permanent residence status from people who don't play by the rules and who lie or cheat to become a Canadian citizen.”

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has called in the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canada Border Services Agency to try and get to the bottom of the fraud, and it's relying on help as well from Ottawa's embassies and consular offices.

The investigation is also looking at some 5,000 people with permanent resident status in Canada who are known to be implicated in residence fraud.

The government has flagged these for additional scrutiny should they attempt to enter Canada or obtain citizenship.

The majority of these individuals are believed to be outside the country.

A common ruse is to use semi-legitimate agencies in Canada to lease apartments, pay electricity bills and keep money circulating in bank accounts — all to create the footprint of living in Canada to meet the residence requirements for citizenship.

In part, the investigation was spurred by many applicants having similar addresses, which aroused suspicion.

Permanent residents must reside in Canada for three years out of four years prior to applying for Canadian citizenship. To retain their status as permanent residents, they must be physically present in Canada for two out of five years with few exceptions.

The Mounties and the border agency have discovered cases where, for instance, a family of five may pay upwards of $25,000 (Dh90,000) to create the illusion of residence.

So far, Kenney's ministry has helped federal officials remove or deny entry to more than 600 former permanent residents linked to the investigation. Another 500 applications for Canadian citizen applications have been rejected.

The clampdown has led to 1,800 applicants linked to the investigations abandoning their citizenship applications.

Part of the impetus for the investigation into fraudulently-obtained citizenships arose from the invasion of Israel into Lebanon against Hezbollah forces in 2007. The military operations led to widespread evacuations of foreign nations from Beirut. Canada leased ferries from Turkey to remove its citizens, but was surprised at the actual number of refugees who held both Canadian and Lebanese passports.

unmarried

Star Member
Jun 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
14th Jun 2012
Med's Done....
17th Jul 2012
Passport Req..
20th Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
26th Sep 2012
LANDED..........
InsAllah before Jul 2013
Dear All

Today I have checked my online status and it's showing "Decision Made". Eagerly waiting to get back my passport with maple leaf (LVO has received my PP on 30th of AUG).

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Hi everyone

Yesterday with god's grace I completed my landing in Ottawa.6
Everything was went fine , my only issue was that the immigration officer refused to fill my application for PR card as he saw in my embarkation card that I will be staying for 28 days only. I tried reason but in vain, he just said that at this moment you are not here to establish your permanent residency , you have to get s visa , come back and then apply for PR card.
I was very disappointed on hearing that as I have read here many places that it is difficult to re enter without a PR card.
Is there anything else I can do , while I am here in Canada and get the PR card application done.

The immigration officer was so confused, initially he said no, then said OK, told Me to fill the application form and fax it dome number , then he said no again !!

What can I do guys , please advise !!!!

Lovie

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
unmarried said:
Dear All

Today I have checked my online status and it's showing "Decision Made". Eagerly waiting to get back my passport with maple leaf (LVO has received my PP on 30th of AUG).
Congrats!

best of luck

alibhai800

Star Member
Jul 6, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
15-06-2011 & 23-07-2012
Med's Done....
03-07-2011 & 13-08-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 15 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped on October 5 2012, Came back on Oct 15th 2012
LANDED..........
February 2013... InshaAllah
Dear Qamar,

I would like to assure you that no need to worry. I was in the same position, and I received my PPR request 45 days my medicals were to expire. Obviously I couldnt have travelled so quickly. I live in dubai, and am from Pakistan, and applied in 2009.

So my suggestion to you is to prepare for a December landing. Stay positive. If you have the time and finance, you can apply for a UK visa asap, incase you receive a PPR request, you can travel to London to give in the passports by hand. But this is only if you have the time, energy and finance. If not, just be patient. It will come.

qamar0002 said:
Dear Sir Qorax,

Please look at my timeline, mine and spouse medicals reached CHC London on 10th Jan 2012.
I have not yet recieved PPRs and the delay is abnormal.

Qorax Sir, I need your expert opinion on this delay. Getting frustrated and disgusted.

Regards......Qamar0002 :(

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
lovie said:
Hi everyone

Yesterday with god's grace I completed my landing in Ottawa.6
Everything was went fine , my only issue was that the immigration officer refused to fill my application for PR card as he saw in my embarkation card that I will be staying for 28 days only. I tried reason but in vain, he just said that at this moment you are not here to establish your permanent residency , you have to get s visa , come back and then apply for PR card.
I was very disappointed on hearing that as I have read here many places that it is difficult to re enter without a PR card.
Is there anything else I can do , while I am here in Canada and get the PR card application done.

The immigration officer was so confused, initially he said no, then said OK, told Me to fill the application form and fax it dome number , then he said no again !!

What can I do guys , please advise !!!!

Lovie
Qorax or seniors

Do you have any suggestions please....