Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
arif587 said:
Hi Qorex,

You always helpfull for every one there, I hope u remeber me when u always reply on Dubai application. I need your assistance again.

I have landed in canada on 1st of last month and return back to dubai on 18th of last month with complition of all my DOCS. I have given my address there for PR card delivery.

Now pls suggest me how much time it will take to the process and how can I check the online status of my PR card in the system

Rds

Arif
6-8 weeks.

maccy81

Star Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2009
Doc's Request.
15-09-2009
AOR Received.
Not received
IELTS Request
Done already
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
20-05-10 (dated April 19, 2010) & 27-12-10 (Child)
Med's Done....
03-01-2011
Interview........
Waived (I guess)
Passport Req..
03-07-11
qorax said:
1. DHL or FedEx.
2. U can change the eye-color in the UIC, if u want... no issues there. If Hazel it is - write that.

Qorax
Ps.: What u write in the UIC now - will remain as a 'permanent' record for her.
should i mention the reason for change in the eye color as a clarification; I read on the internet that for some people eye colour changes during their growth (after the age of 1 year).

thanx captain, biju and sat for such a prompt reply.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
maccy81 said:
should i mention the reason for change in the eye color as a clarification; I read on the internet that for some people eye colour changes during their growth (after the age of 1 year).

thanx captain, biju and sat for such a prompt reply.
No explanation required.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Dear All,

Finally I got the second AOR from London Office. The file number has not changed and they have sent me below reply (4th July-11) for my queries regarding 2nd AOR:-

Thank you for your enquiry.

A letter acknowledging receipt of your documents was sent to the mailing address on file on 10/06/2011.

Please note, your file has not changed. Please quote the following file number in future correspondence: B123456789

Regarding the status of your application:

Unfortunately, it will take longer to process Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected.

During this time, the department received applications for more than 425,000 people, and 144,000 of these have not yet received a decision.

This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the Federal Skilled Worker program in 2011, so many of these applicants will have to wait two years or more to be processed. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis.

Our office sends immigration decisions and information requests by post or by email to the mailing and email addresses provided in the application. Therefore, it is important that our office be notified immediately of any change of address and contact details.

We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Yours sincerely,

Client Service Unit (LIB)
Immigration and Medical Services Division | Direction de l'immigration et des services médicaux
Canadian High Commission | Haut-commissariat du Canada
38 Grosvenor Street
London, W1K 4AA | Londres, W1K 4AA
United Kingdom | Royaume-Uni

Government of Canada

Web site: www.unitedkingdom.gc.ca
I am not sure about the waiting period but I assume it will be 12 months from the letter date.

Regards
Cool

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
coolguy2010 said:
Dear All,

Finally I got the second AOR from London Office. The file number has not changed and they have sent me below reply (4th July-11) for my queries regarding 2nd AOR:-

I am not sure about the waiting period but I assume it will be 12 months from the letter date.

Regards
Cool

This seems not a good news for post feb 2008 to pre june 2010 applicants ! Do we really have to wait for like 2 years to recieve medical request :( Nothing is gonna come by this year ?

arman79

Oct 30, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
February 2015
Hi

With reference to the email, recieved and published by coolguy2010;

This seems not a good news for post feb 2008 to pre june 2010 applicants ! Do we really have to wait for like 2 years to recieve medical request Nothing is gonna come by this year ?

We have been waiting for last 14 months after submitting full documents to visa office (london), now here comes a news that it will take longer than expected, and guess what.................2 years !!!

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today my address disappears in the ECAS status.

What does this mean???

current status is IN PROCESS with RBVO details since 31st May 2011.

Anybody else faced the same problem....

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
Mr. Optimistic said:
Today my address disappears in the ECAS status.

What does this mean???

current status is IN PROCESS with RBVO details since 31st May 2011.

Anybody else faced the same problem....
Hi Optimistic, no need to panic. It happened with me three times before. It will reappear in few days.

Cheers..

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
seniors, i need help, anyone knows a Cargo company who ships in Canada...

Mr. Optimistic

Feb 3, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SATDXB said:
Hi Optimistic, no need to panic. It happened with me three times before. It will reappear in few days.

Cheers..
thanks SATDXB,
Aries have changed their location in Canada and have asked us to sign the new form back in April 2011 for the address update.
I think it may be of that.

As i never checked the address before, they might be updating now. Just remembered now.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
bugsnette said:
seniors, i need help, anyone knows a Cargo company who ships in Canada...

Hi Bugsnette, i have never shiped any stuff from Dubai to Canada, and dont have any idea.

But please read below a note from Captain Qorax :

Don't cargo things to Canada -- it's not worth it.
Most items u'd find here in pretty compititive rates. There r 'used goods' possibilities too. And there's the Dollar Stores - where u'd find all daily utilities in peanut value, incl crockery/cutlery, stationery, draperies, household stuff etc.

1. Your most electronic eqpt will not work... that include the TV, DVD Player, Music system, Camcorder, Digital Photo-frame etc. Besides, they r cheaper here, including the laptops... doubt that? come here & u'd know!

2. Fragile goods mostly will break in transit.

3. Bulkier goods [viz. furnitures, LCD TV, Murals etc] will not be worth the cost of transportation Vis-a-Vis the price of fresh ones here.

4. Rather purchase extra baggage from your airline & carry some extra suitcases - for your most important goods. BA charges $42/suitcase only.

5. Do not go to Ruby Cargo -- there's a horror story by one of our google-group members here [I'll post its extract separately sometimes].

Qorax

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t29519.0.html;msg668402#msg668402

Cheers..

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
Mr. Optimistic said:
thanks SATDXB,
Aries have changed their location in Canada and have asked us to sign the new form back in April 2011 for the address update.
I think it may be of that.

As i never checked the address before, they might be updating now. Just remembered now.
Ok Optimistic..!!

Cheers..

A

azfar370

Hello Arman,

Well I really dong want to give you any false hopes, but your timeline is exactly same as mine. And I got my medicals around two weeks ago. So you should be getting good news very soon. Dont worry. Lets say give it around 2 months maybe.

Hello Satdxb and Qorax,

Actually I somewhat prefer to use my existing furniture in Dubai and ship the furniture, and 100-240 electronice items that I can send on a private container via sea. Offcourse this is just my opinion. It might be expensive to hire a container, but you can save with economies of scale. For example I have two LED's that are 100-240, when i try to sell them in Dubai, they are going for peanuts rate. So I prefer to take them with me to Vancouver, BC. Same goes for the furniture, curtains, and if I realize later it was a mistake, I will come again on the forum and give my experience :)

And Coolguy, this is a great update. Always good to see some true and candid feedback. I am sure the 144000 will be taken care within 12 months.

bugsnette

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-09-2011
Thanks SATDXB... yeah i have noted the comments of Captain Qorax here...

I am flying through Emirates Airline so excess baggage will be expensive i guess than the BA per luggage. Im not carrying bulky stuff and electronics with me (only my PS3, laptops/ipad, SLR camera, books (which is a lot), DVDs). Also i am addicted to clothes, shoes and bags so those are the one, i want to ship to Canada as it will not fit my luggage allowance :)...

SATDXB said:
Hi Bugsnette, i have never shiped any stuff from Dubai to Canada, and dont have any idea.

But please read below a note from Captain Qorax :

Don't cargo things to Canada -- it's not worth it.
Most items u'd find here in pretty compititive rates. There r 'used goods' possibilities too. And there's the Dollar Stores - where u'd find all daily utilities in peanut value, incl crockery/cutlery, stationery, draperies, household stuff etc.

1. Your most electronic eqpt will not work... that include the TV, DVD Player, Music system, Camcorder, Digital Photo-frame etc. Besides, they r cheaper here, including the laptops... doubt that? come here & u'd know!

2. Fragile goods mostly will break in transit.

3. Bulkier goods [viz. furnitures, LCD TV, Murals etc] will not be worth the cost of transportation Vis-a-Vis the price of fresh ones here.

4. Rather purchase extra baggage from your airline & carry some extra suitcases - for your most important goods. BA charges $42/suitcase only.

5. Do not go to Ruby Cargo -- there's a horror story by one of our google-group members here [I'll post its extract separately sometimes].

Qorax

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t29519.0.html;msg668402#msg668402

Cheers..