+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
My profile is in Express Entry pool which was created last year.But My CRS score is very less.Now I have got the Admission for Sep-2019 in one university (Alberta). Before filling up for visa should I mention about this to VO In my SOP ? Next query is ->I would like to take my spouse along with me whose student visa got rejected twice so far with the reason over eligible as he opted for PG diploma. So kindly help me what are all the precautions to be taken ?What are the rate of chances of my visa getting rejected? Kindly help me out?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My profile is in Express Entry pool which was created last year.But My CRS score is very less.Now I have got the Admission for Sep-2019 in one university (Alberta). Before filling up for visa should I mention about this to VO In my SOP ? Next query is ->I would like to take my spouse along with me whose student visa got rejected twice so far with the reason over eligible as he opted for PG diploma. So kindly help me what are all the precautions to be taken ?What are the rate of chances of my visa getting rejected? Kindly help me out?
No - you should not mention dual intent. For the study permit to be approved, you want to demonstrate strong ties to your home country.

Given your spouse already has two student visa refusals, it will be more difficult to get an approval for either an OWP or TRV to accompany you to Canada while you study. It's possible you may have to come to Canada on your own.

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
That means,if I don't mention in my SOP (student visa) about express entry, Don't they get to know about my EE profile until unless I disclose to them? N spouse details what should I mention? Kindly reply

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That means,if I don't mention in my SOP (student visa) about express entry, Don't they get to know about my EE profile until unless I disclose to them? N spouse details what should I mention? Kindly reply
You should focus your SOP on the reasons why you are applying for a study permit and explain why you want to pursue these studies in Canada. Again, I would not mention your EE profile - there is no reason to do so. I'm not sure what you mean by your spouse details. Your spouse need to apply for an OWP or TRV either along with your study permit or afterwards (I would recommend your spouse apply for an OWP). Make sure your spouse mentions the two study permit refusals in this application and any other refusals from other countries.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need to be aware that your various forms of applications show that you are trying veery hard to come to Canada. Your SOP needs to convince CIC that you will be returning to your home country upon graduation even if that is not your plan. I would suggest applying alone for your study permit. If you get the permit your wife can apply for SOWP.

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
I have got to know that in the visa application form,there will be a field called Is your spouse accompanying? So what should I mention over there Yes/No. If I mention as yes, will there be a problem for my visa as he has two student refusals. If I mention No, after I reach Canada can I send invite to my husband by opting OWP ? Won't be a problem?

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Also, How far will it be a good idea if I withdraw EE profile before I start my student visa processing . Please provide your valuable response

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have got to know that in the visa application form,there will be a field called Is your spouse accompanying? So what should I mention over there Yes/No. If I mention as yes, will there be a problem for my visa as he has two student refusals. If I mention No, after I reach Canada can I send invite to my husband by opting OWP ? Won't be a problem?
Up to you answer yes and file SOWP or answer no and when you get a reply from your visa you can apply for SOWP afterwards.

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Have you tried any other ways to enter into the country ? For this particular field what should I mention ? launching express entry profile is a sort of expression of interest right !!! Does they consider it ?? So kindly help me out what should I do ??

Jun 15, 2019
Did you manage to get your Student Visa? If yes, could you send me your SOP. I currently have an EE profile as well and I have gotten admission into UBC. So I need help with the SOP

Regards,
Akash

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Hi Aakash,

I have been trying to draft my SOP from past few months, not yet been finalized, this is a rare scenario everyone are saying their own views.I didn't get any specific reply. Finally on taking majority of opinions, I have drafted a SOP like normal student visa.I haven't mentioned about my EE profile.

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Raghu,

My consultant told me that it would not be a good idea to hide it as they have this information in their database. When are you planning to apply for the visa? And are you doing it via SDS?

Regards,
Akash

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Hi Aakash,

Your consultant is right..Then ask him to draft SOP accordingly as he is bound to.Even my consultant said the same.
In visa application form you are mentioning YES for the question have you ever tried or applied to enter into Canada.
That's it you have disclosed there itself
N coming to student Visa SOP
It should be like
1.Introduction (Tell about yourself)
2. Y did you choose Canada to do Mater's
3. Professional experience if you have any such
4. Y did you choose that particular course N CLG/university
5. What would be your plans upon completion of course
6. What are all your financials assets which makes you to come back to your home country
7 .Financial sponsor (GIC,First term fee,edu loan,business,Bank Bal)

SDS - I don't have any idea about it
I am planning to do visa filing by coming week

Would be happy to assist in case of any further queries

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Hi Aakash,

I would like to know,

What would your consultant opine about the chances of Visa approval for our scenario
Kindly reply

Thanks