+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dual intent

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Hi Priyanka,

Until unless you go till the stage where your Biometrics is done, And you submitted your visa application - it no where will be considered like you have applied. So you have to select
2c as NO

Where as if you are submitted your Biometrics and launched Visa application at VFS -
It means you have tried to enter or remain in Canada so should select 2c as YES and provide your EOI Number and mention the current status

Note: IN SOP
Please note that I have mentioned that my profile is in EE, I was very passionate to analyse where I could stand in competition And how skills would compete with others, Upon a long wait , it's crystal clear that there is a dire need to sharpen my skills. Hence I decided to do certification (Masters)would enhance my skills there by I would like to see my career graph as I dreamt for.

This is how I have mentioned in SOP

Hope this is helpful to you

Raghu@2019

Mar 3, 2019
Would like to clarify one thing, university doesn't consider what are all ways you have tried to enter into Canada like have you applied for EE or student permit or work permit
They will evaluate your application whether does it meets their requirements (your studies, any work experience )

SOP that you are sharing to university and visa officer can be same or different. No worries it's your wish
But be genuine and careful with the SOP that you gonna submit to Visa officer

Reactions: Priyanka2010

Priyanka2010

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Thank you Raghu@2019. I will leave out the EE profile from my SOP application to the university as of now since with a score of 456, does not look like I will be getting ITA anytime soon. I will be disclosing my EE profile details once I get my acceptance letter and have to submit my SOP to the Visa officer.

Mani_1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hello,
I have my profile in EE pool already with score 450, not likely to be picked up sooner.
Also wanted to have study further, so any experience on if it would be a problem looking for Student Visa?
Shall EE profile be closed first to avoid dual intent ?
Wanted to keep on for PNP options

Iammapplepie

Feb 5, 2020
Hi Aakash,

Your consultant is right..Then ask him to draft SOP accordingly as he is bound to.Even my consultant said the same.
In visa application form you are mentioning YES for the question have you ever tried or applied to enter into Canada.
That's it you have disclosed there itself
N coming to student Visa SOP
It should be like
1.Introduction (Tell about yourself)
2. Y did you choose Canada to do Mater's
3. Professional experience if you have any such
4. Y did you choose that particular course N CLG/university
5. What would be your plans upon completion of course
6. What are all your financials assets which makes you to come back to your home country
7 .Financial sponsor (GIC,First term fee,edu loan,business,Bank Bal)

SDS - I don't have any idea about it
I am planning to do visa filing by coming week

Would be happy to assist in case of any further queries
please tell what to write in SOP for study permit to explain dual intent and confirm that I will come back after authorized stay. My PR app is under process and need to file study permit.

Did you get SP when PR was process too?

Lashika

Sep 14, 2020
Hi Priyanka,

Until unless you go till the stage where your Biometrics is done, And you submitted your visa application - it no where will be considered like you have applied. So you have to select
2c as NO

Where as if you are submitted your Biometrics and launched Visa application at VFS -
It means you have tried to enter or remain in Canada so should select 2c as YES and provide your EOI Number and mention the current status

Please note that I have mentioned that my profile is in EE, I was very passionate to analyse where I could stand in competition And how skills would compete with others, Upon a long wait , it's crystal clear that there is a dire need to sharpen my skills. Hence I decided to do certification (Masters)would enhance my skills there by I would like to see my career graph as I dreamt for.

Hi Raghu were you able to get study visa after mentioning that you have an active EE profile?

_PoojaMahajan

Oct 9, 2018
Hi Priyanka,

2c as NO

Hi Raghu

I too have an active EE profile and about to apply for student permit soon. Did you get your student permit having disclosed about your EE profile in SOP? Also did you withdraw the application before applying for student or kept it as it was? Can share some convincing words basis your experience to justify such applicant (with dual intent) will return to home country?

Appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Pooja

_PoojaMahajan

Oct 9, 2018
Did you get study permit after mentioning active EE profile in your sop?
Hi Priyanka
Did you get your student permit having disclosed about your EE profile in SOP? Also did you withdraw the application before applying for student or kept it as it was? How did you explain that you will return to home country even on having dual intent?

Pooja

_PoojaMahajan

Oct 9, 2018
Thank you Raghu@2019. I will leave out the EE profile from my SOP application to the university as of now since with a score of 456, does not look like I will be getting ITA anytime soon. I will be disclosing my EE profile details once I get my acceptance letter and have to submit my SOP to the Visa officer.
Hi Priyanka
Did you get your student permit having disclosed about your EE profile in SOP? Also did you withdraw the application before applying for student or kept it as it was? How did you explain that you will return to home country even on having dual intent?

Pooja

SaraShung

Sep 12, 2020
Hello,

I have received my study visa under SDS during my EE application. I got ITA 2 weeks ago.

Good luck to all!

Hi Anh_Lam,
Congrats on getting the Sp.Please can you tell me the sequence of your applications. Since you had 2 applications processing . Did you begin your PR process(EE) and then apply for SP? I believe you did not mention your EE in your SOP,but was it asked anywhere ? Thankyou for helping. !

Reactions: ozzyess

Rohit2918

Apr 28, 2021
Hi,

I have an active express entry application but no luck so far with the crs draw.

Now, my company has offered an opportunity to work in Toronto on ICT work permit. I have submitted the application and awaiting for biometrics to be completed.

My doubt is that do I need to withdraw my express entry profile to avoid any conflict?

Also I have worked in Canada for a few months in 2018 on ICT WP which was expired last year.

Regards
Rohit

ValGonzal

Star Member
May 29, 2021
No - you should not mention dual intent. For the study permit to be approved, you want to demonstrate strong ties to your home country.

Given your spouse already has two student visa refusals, it will be more difficult to get an approval for either an OWP or TRV to accompany you to Canada while you study. It's possible you may have to come to Canada on your own.
Hello scylla, on this thread we wanted to ask -- if someone applies forstudy visa for one province, and PR (thorugh employer) in a different province, then what needs to be done? I know the federal applications need to be mentioned, but do we all have to mention that if pr gets approved, study visa application will be withdrawn etc etc? Is there any justification required?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello scylla, on this thread we wanted to ask -- if someone applies forstudy visa for one province, and PR (thorugh employer) in a different province, then what needs to be done? I know the federal applications need to be mentioned, but do we all have to mention that if pr gets approved, study visa application will be withdrawn etc etc? Is there any justification required?
Are you applying for PR under PNP?